[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Black female governor for GA?

Black female governor for GA?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Haruo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:41 pm

Well, he hasn't completely squashed the Obama recovery. And he hasn't actually started a war. I mean, that's important stuff.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:39 am

Abrams lost but will, I expect, follow a strategy of maximum contentiousness by demanding a recount then suing. She's 63k votes under Kemp and he is 13k above the threshold for a runoff. No one expects provisional and absentee ballots to provide the numbers to change anything.

She almost won against a spectacularly mediocre republican nominee.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Abrams placed such a high value on making sure that everyone's vote was counted that she can't just concede with uncounted votes out there without sending the wrong message to the people she urged to vote. I suspect she will do the right thing when she knows all have been heard.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Sandy

Postby Joseph Patrick » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:11 am

Joseph Patrick

Postby William Thornton » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:07 am

Nonsense, conjecture, and blind partisan idiocy are staples here. We've come to expect it.

Abrams, a liberal democrat, almost won in a state dominated by republicans since almost all the white democrats switched parties years ago. While the demographics have changed, they haven't changed enough to make electing a democrat to a statewide office easy or expected. Even against a very mediocre GOP candidate, a respected dem candidate lost.

She lost because she didn't have the votes. The margin wasn't a few hundred or even a few thousand but tens of thousands. I have no idea if her stature is enhanced in the state or diminished. Her standing with the liberal media, Hollywood, and elitist coastal donors is probably enhanced. Since she ran partly on her record of working with republicans, her final fusillade probably lowered her chances among Georgia voters but the populace is slowly changing.

Her angry and combative non-concession speech was, I suppose, a deliberate strategic move. I'd just call it classless.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:00 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:18 am

Not your best effort. Kemp was a very weak candidate. That's why it was close.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:01 am

Could Kemp have won without holding up 73,000 registrations, an action that should qualify him for a term in the "big house?"
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:30 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:56 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:17 pm

Sandy

Previous