[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - it never ceases to amaze me

it never ceases to amaze me

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

it never ceases to amaze me

Postby Jon Estes » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:48 am

Do you see the problem?

These were sent out by Democrats in Texas.

vote tx.jpg
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Re: it never ceases to amaze me

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:05 am

Joseph Patrick

Postby Sandy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:52 am

Last edited by Sandy on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:57 am

What exactly is the problem? The lack of a place to check "NO"? I'm not clear on what problem you see Jon, unless you just think it's wrong for Democrats to encourage voter registration, and no, I *don't* think you believe that. Do you have a scan of the whole document? And do you know who issued it?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:58 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:19 am

Here is the link...

Don't know anything about SOTT.

There are a few other sites that run the story.

Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby Sandy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:04 pm

This is a "much ado about nothing" issue raised because the O'Rourke campaign has focused on voter registration and they've helped register a record number of voters in a year in Texas. Since there is no partisan voter registration, there is no way to distinguish "Democrat" registrations from "Republican" ones or independent ones. The voter registration office in Texas is run by Republicans so if there is a problem, it is because they weren't doing their job.
Sandy

Postby JE Pettibone » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:14 pm

JE Pettibone

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:30 am

Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:48 pm

I don't see any credible source providing this information. The initial photo and information came from Breitbart, a known extremist right wing propaganda and invented fake news site. I doubt that such a form exists, or that it was ever distributed. If it was, I see nothing there that indicates checking those boxes would be a problem.
Sandy

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues