[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Abstinence, True Love Waits flawed

Abstinence, True Love Waits flawed

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Re: Abstinence, True Love Waits flawed

Postby Jon Estes » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:20 am

Jon Estes

Postby Sandy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:30 am

Sandy

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:30 am

Jon Estes

Postby Sandy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:28 pm

Sandy

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:25 pm

Jon Estes

Postby KeithE » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:45 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:03 am

By law in most states, a fifteen-year-old cannot be consensual. Most state laws treat that as statutory rape. Check the laws in your state.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:02 am

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:58 pm

If you mean a 17-year-old boy having sexual intercourse with a 15-year-old girl, I think thirty years later that is not anything to get in high dudgeon about. On the other hand, lying about you did back then is an issue. At this point I don't think there's enough evidence of what went on back there to judge. I am inclined to believe Professor Ford on the subject, and that doesn't help Kavanaugh if I'm a Senator. But I am much more strong in my belief that Kavanaugh lied about his drinking, which is something that to my mind is potentially disqualifying. (Though for me the notion that a sitting President is above the criminal law of the several states is a much stronger reason to vote against him.) The alleged incident with him and Dr. Ford basically seems to come he said she said (though he didn't say anything about consensual acts with her), but I think the evidence about his excessive drinking and behavior while drunk is much stronger, including a police report as well as numerous witness statements.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:53 am

Ed: Hauro, writes "I think the evidence about his excessive drinking and behavior while drunk is much stronger, including a police report as well as numerous witness statements."

I seem to have missed any thing about a police report regarding his drinking and behavior while drunk, would you provide a source for me to look at.
JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:30 pm

Here's a link to . Allegedly threw ice at a patron and his friend hit somebody with a glass. A lot of other classmates have come forward with anecdotal stuff about his drinking at Yale, including his roommate, not just the woman he allegedly exposed himself to.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:39 pm

The video titled "Still Like Beer" is worth watching in its entirety. Again, none of this is proof of anything, but it sends up some red flags, and I think it deserves a much more serious second investigation than the FBI mustered in the days between Flake's shaming in the elevator and the rush to [withhold?] judgment.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:52 am

JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Ed: Hauro, when you ask If I have seen the video, Yes , and I have and I watched the original broadcast. And wondered what you would think about it.
JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:11 pm

Do you have a link to that "original broadcast"?

Haruo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum