[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Bill Leonard says the Fundamentalists have Won

Bill Leonard says the Fundamentalists have Won

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Bill Leonard says the Fundamentalists have Won

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:47 pm

See his piece at Baptist global news.

Almost everything he says is a watershed moment. But this may be the biggest yet.

I have taken it up with the Cherokee Chronicle in Gaffney SC where my friend Tommy Martin--his sister finished Furman three years ahead of me and was in the Beta Club at Gaffney High when I was a freshman; as Tommy says Christianity as we know it is being eradicated by leftist zealots. I responded with an emphasis on the evils of fundamentalism.

Will let you know if my letter is published and how it plays in the stompin grounds
Stephen Fox

Re: Bill Leonard says the Fundamentalists have Won

Postby KeithE » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Here is the article. I have not read it yet.

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Bill Leonard says the Fundamentalists have ALMOST Won

Postby Haruo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:00 pm

Stephen missed the word "almost" in the title of the thread.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:56 am

Last edited by KeithE on Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm for it, but don't see a way for US to "return ALL Christianity" to any prior or ideal future state. The Trinitarian doctrinaire stuff, I am convinced, was the outgrowth of various bishops fighting for the right to steer the Roman Empire their way.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:27 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:34 pm

Sandy

Postby Jim » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:42 pm

Jim

Postby Haruo » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Keith, I wasn't talking about the doctrine of the Trinity, but rather about being doctrinaire about it. The sort of thing (standard in many orthodox circles) that leads to "we are Christians, you are not. Why not? Because you deny the doctrine of the Trinity" sort of thing. I think Trinitarianism is clearly post-Biblical, and in its current official form(s) isn't a whole lot older than Nicaea. Let alone filioque!

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:52 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Apropos of Filioque

Postby Haruo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:47 pm

I just ran across this blog post (from a link in the FB group Liturgical Theology) and it made me think of this thread.

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Baptist History and Heritage