[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Black female governor for GA?

Black female governor for GA?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Black female governor for GA?

Postby William Thornton » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:16 am

Not a snowball's chance in Gehenna. But let's dream:

http://time.com/5349541/stacey-abrams-georgia/

GOP candidate Kemp will have to crash and burn to lose.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Black female governor for GA?

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:07 am

Joseph Patrick

Postby Haruo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:49 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

SEC Football, Vince Dooley and the Super Trumper

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:55 pm

William of Winder or close enough you were reading my mind on this one.

Scattershot as is my style but I get to the nuts and bolts of the matter. Have already brought this one to the attention of Meet the Press and several other national media outlets and let the Devil have the Hind Leg!!!

www.foxofbama.blogspot.com
Stephen Fox

Emanuel Episcopal Church

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:23 pm

According to Wiki Kemp is an active member of that congregation. He was educated in a prep school in Athens affiliated with the Church. I have attempted a facebook post on the church wall with a link to my blog about Vince Dooley and SEC.

The church is near enough William Thornton can drive over and have a conversation with the preacher about the NRA, Immigration etc and give us a report here.

I am active with friends in Episcopalian ministry in the vicinity.
Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:26 pm

A Democrat won a senate seat in neighboring Alabama in a statewide race by simply turning out the same constituencies Abrams is aiming at landing. Jones won because Democratic constituencies that had been dormant for a while were activated by opposition to Moore, and by anti-Trump sentiment which turned out the numbers they needed. But Jones was a white male. Being an African American woman in a southern state like Georgia, even with anti-trump sentiment running as high as it is, might be a tougher proposition than it was for a non-resident Jewish male to gain 20 percentage points for his party in a special election runoff in the same state.
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:48 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:07 pm

Would put money on it. Take it to the bank. But it's a nice cover for Time and Abrams.

Seems I recall something about the GOP senate candidate who crashed and burned n Al...
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:13 am

The buffoonery of Kemp talking about rounding up illegal aliens in the bed of his pickup truck brings to mind the racist buffoon Lester Maddox in the '60s chasing African-Americans out of his Pickrick Restaurant with an axe handle, selling autographed axe handles as campaign souvenirs, and riding a bicycle backwards. Kemp is more than capable of crashing and burning. For an increasing number of Georgians, a Trump endorsement is the kiss of death. I would not vote for anybody endorsed by Trump. Yes, here is one old white guy voting for Abrams on the first day of early voting. OK, I'm not exactly lily white--my Turner ancestors were Melungeons, what the old people called "Black Dutch." There's some Creek and Cherokee in the mix as well. Abrams has a powerful, compelling life story and she communicates it in a way that connects with people who have struggled all of their lives. She has such grace and dignity about her, especially in contrast with Kemp. She doesn't seem to hate anybody. She can work with halfway reasonable Republicans. I think Kemp will be easier to beat in the general election than Cagle would have been. My Roosevelt Democrat parents would have voted for her. The only time they ever voted for a Republican was when Bo Calloway ran against Lester Maddox for governor of Georgia in 1966 because Maddox's racist demagoguery went against everything they believed in.
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Postby William Thornton » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:25 am

I hear that Abrams needs about 25% of the white vote. Not sure she can get there. She's a good candidate.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:00 am

My suspicion is that the election will depend on turnout in metro Atlanta. Georgia politics, like a lot of other states, seems dominated by the turnout in rural and small town areas.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:54 am

JE Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:57 am

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:39 pm

I'm going to watch it. But I'm not sending her any money. That would be too much like the Russians.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:34 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:07 pm

I was surprised about the degree of rural areas favoring Trump (except “black belts’) and urban areas (especially black neighborhoods) favoring Clinton.

Have fun.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Joseph Patrick

Postby William Thornton » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:29 am

Hooey on the breathless claims of voter suppression. Page one of the democratic playbook.

Republicans in my state stink, exceeded in that only by the Democrats. I'm voting for Kemp, there's really not a choice here in the general, though I preferred another candidate in the primary.

Abrams would sandblast Lee, Davis, and Jackson off of Stone Mountain. She is the darling of the national media and deep pocket Dem donors, just like Michelle Nunn, daughter of Sam, was in the last senate election. The race is close. Abrams could win. Kemp isn't a strong candidate, frankly.

Since neither of our GOP senators is up for reelection this year, GOP interest may be flagging and turnout could favor an Abrams victory. Trump only won ga by five points, so the electoral landscape has shifted somewhat from what it was a decade ago.

Strong republican majorities in the state legislature would limit the damage she could do, though.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:57 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:49 am

If Kemp does not recuse himself for the process, he deserves to go to a different "state house," the one with bars on the windows and doors.

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:39 am

Kemp is both governor and secy of state?

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Ah. He ought to be ashamed of himself.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:56 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:43 am

Hooey, hooey, and hooey. Voter registration is a joke. Anyone who wants to vote should have a confirmed identity. I have to show my ID at the poll and match my name and address on the roll. So should everyone else. This is another page in the dem playbook.

I'm voting for one dem in the statewide races..for sec of state. Guy I know. Only dem in the state that isn't a soros, pelosi, schumer pawn.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues