[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Go Sea Hawks

Go Sea Hawks

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Go Sea Hawks

Postby JE Pettibone » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:35 pm

Congratulations Haruo and all Sea Hawks Fans upon the selection of 4 new players from the 2017 Season undefeated University of Central Florida Florida, especially the Griffen Brothers Shaquille and Shaquem. Most of you have probably seen a news report today, as Shaquem became the first one handed Football player to be drafted by a NFL Team. Yea; USF rather than UCF is our favorite team but it is only Christian to give a shout out to an opposing team, when they deserve it. :wink: If I where a betting man, I would put some money on the Sea Hawks in the upcoming season.
Last edited by JE Pettibone on Fri May 11, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JE Pettibone

Re: Go Sea Hawks

Postby Haruo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Yes, that was an interesting and as far as I can imagine a laudable pick. I don't follow football, haven't really since high school. First thing I lost to demon rum was my intercollegiate football career (I played one game for UC Riverside in 1971, then was too hung over to play the second of that two-game season.)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:08 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:12 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Paul Finebaum navigated UCF

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue May 08, 2018 2:20 pm

couple days ago. I like the Seahawks cause of Pete Carroll a better game day coach than NickSaban. However this UCF kerfuffle is bunch of hooey.

Ulric Jones with a Colllinsville Alabama connection is the SHawk story I'm following. And Sidney Rice of Gaffney had a stint with them.
Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Fri May 11, 2018 7:29 am

It is that time of year when those college draftees have the opportunity to prove themselves. We'll see how many of those UCF players are left on the roster after the first pre-season game. College football usually doesn't like up and coming programs like UCF, and it doesn't take long for the big boys to figure out how to pull the plug by hiring away the coaching staff, or undermining the recruiting program. UCF is in an especially vulnerable place in Florida, where it is forced to compete with two ACC and one SEC school. If they could get one of those on their schedule, and pull off an upset, it might be good for their program.

I have a former student whose son was drafted by the Colts out of the program at Texas A&M-Commerce, which won the Div 2 NCAA title. I'm curious to see how far he gets, he's an outstanding player, and he is absolutely focused on it. A couple of years ago, my brother-in-law's nephew got drafted by the Buffalo Bills out of South Dakota State, and played for two years behind a starter who got injured. Once the injured player healed, they traded him, and then the team he got traded to paid out his contract and that was that. It's a tough job.
Sandy

Postby JE Pettibone » Sat May 12, 2018 11:33 am

JE Pettibone

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum