Glorious Easter Celebration

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Glorious Easter Celebration

Postby JE Pettibone » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:25 pm

About 2 weeks ago some folk here at Citrus Valley began wondering about an "Easter service" and Trudy was asked to lead one here in the park. Talk about short notice. :D

On Thursday some one posted a notice on the resorts Facebook page and at 10:00 A.M. this morning some 33 or so folk
gathered on our patio with their lawn chairs and Trudy led the singing (opened) with He is is risen and closed with Amazing Grace. She asked one of the early arrivals to do the Scripture readings, after asking for prayer request she led in prayer before presenting a Bible study comparing and contrasting the Easter story as recorded in the 4 Gospels, and the benediction .

One couple had only arrived in the resort last evening. Trudy who knows more people in the resort than I, knew about a third of the ones who came. All of the attendees expressed appreciation of her presentation. And there was a great deal of conversation about about having such an event again next year with an earlier notice.
JE Pettibone

Re: Glorious Easter Celebration

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:26 pm

Sounds as if she has built a ministry wherever you are. A blessed Easter to you two.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

I had good day in Collinsville

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Had lunch at the China House and talked to a visiting Mother whose son in NC is a recent Grad of Furman, the crashed a former Mayor's family easter egg hunt.

That morning reread Marilynne Robinson essay on the Reformation

And Holy Week looked at some Easter Sermons of Frank Harrington.

I regret I did not make it down to Birmingham for some noonday sermons of Fleming Rutledge who was in town the first three days of Holy Week.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum