[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Trump - A full term... or not

Trump - A full term... or not

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Trump - A full term... or not

Postby Joseph Patrick » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:40 pm

From Gerry,

Gerry said: Jon,
While I support the office of president. I have supported the last six presidents (that I remember, some more than others). And I agree that we, as born again believers, should not call anyone derogatory names. Even for those who are thrice married, known adulterers, proven liars, bigoted racists who support white supremacists, who brag about sexually assaulting women and paying for sex while his third wife is having his son. So, I support your call to not call names of others.

Jon replied
I am sure we all have a list of sins (forgiven or not) attached to our lives. I'm not willing to make such a list of others because I do not want others to make a list on me. Matthew 7:12. I don't even want to say I'm so glad I am not like other men (Luke 18:9-14).

Gerry replied:
Galatians 6:1 says, "Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted." For two reasons I might need to have a list of sins so that I might be careful to not be tempted and I would need to have a list of his sin so that I know how to approach him for restoration. Of course, if the person thinks that there is no sin in his life this approach might be moot.
Joseph Patrick

Postby JE Pettibone » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:08 am

JE Pettibone

Postby Jon Estes » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:43 am

Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby Joseph Patrick » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:52 am

Joseph Patrick

Postby Jon Estes » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:19 am

Jon Estes

Postby Jim » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Jim

Postby Haruo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Ed: Note Hauro, I deliberately said nothing of "a list of sins".
JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:26 am

Not sure in what sense "the sins" are "in the Bible". Can you elucidate, Ed?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:38 pm

JE Pettibone

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:32 pm

Jon Estes

Postby Haruo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:43 pm