[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Trump - A full term... or not

Trump - A full term... or not

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Trump - A full term... or not

Postby Jon Estes » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:37 am

There is a hope going around from some that Trump will not be a full one term President.

I understand we all have opinions... likes or dislikes of our sitting President but what is it that makes you believe he will not be a full one term President?

My opinion -- he will be a full one term President. I am not sure if he will run a second term but he will lead for a full four years.

I do not buy the line from most I read as they come across as emotional more than logical. They seem to hold to conspiracy theories rather than known facts. They seem to simply hate Trump. What do they call themselves... never-Trumpers?

Adding a second thought to this post ---

I think the worst is yet to come, after four or eight years of Trump. I do not think there will ever be a sitting President again who will not be under investigation and the opposing party doing all they can to discredit and work to impeach. In this same line of thinking, I also think the attacks and means to which the opposition will go will only get worse in their tactics and schemes.

We are leaving my grandchildren a huge moral / political mess.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Re: Trump - A full term... or not

Postby Sandy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:48 am

If you look at the facts, objectively, and away from the political lenses, and there are sources that are reporting this under standards that confirm their credibility, there's more than just the Mueller investigation and the "Russia thing." I might have a few doubts about where that particular investigation was leading, up until they issued the indictments, particularly who they indicted, and the trail that they are clearly travelling with regard to whom they have in the dock. What's known on the outside is incriminating enough. The reaction of the Trump administration to each step the investigation takes, each person who is named, each indictment, each listing of specific meeting times and places with Russians, confirms that there is something he doesn't want known.

We're already at the point where three key Trump campaign officials and administration advisers have been indicted, and given testimony to the investigation. Now, as a result of the Nunes memo, they also have Carter Page, and they have the direct connection to sources other than the dossier, including Papadoupolous and Flynn, that justified the FISA warrants. That's more than they ever had on Nixon. You don't need a news source, conservative or liberal, to find any of this out, just go to the Congressional record and read the transcripts. I'm sure Mueller has more than either intelligence committee does, and if that's the case, and I think it is, Trump is toast. If it happens before November's election, then you'll at least still have a Republican in the White House. If it happens after January of 2019, then its Katy bar the door.

Trump might have a year left. Maybe.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:28 pm

I agree, Jon, that it is likely that civility in government will not make much of a resurgence in our lifetimes.

I am not at all sure how long Trump will last, but as time goes on I think more and more Republicans in Congress are becoming fed up with his behavior and its effect on their reelectability. And they probably know as well as Sandy does or better that their chances is in 2020 are much better if the crisis comes earlier rather than later. So we'll see.

Not all Republican voters are eager to destroy our fisheries etc.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:00 pm

Actual news organizations have reported extensively the info gathered by congressional committees indicating that the Demo/Clinton/FBI conspiracy (current memos regarding FISA and Hillary's State Department) to ruin Trump both before and after the election will help him, not that impeachment by a Repub House would touch it anyway. The latest communications between the infamous high-up FBI fornicators also indicate that the conspiracy went all the way to Obama, who wanted to “be kept in the loop.” The current democrat election-corruption makes Watergate look like afternoon tea.
Jim

Postby Haruo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:36 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:17 pm

Most of what Jim posted comes from right wing media sources, and has already been discredited by the facts. It's nothing more than part of the subterfuge that gets shoved out by the Trump administration as a means of distracting from reality. Most of the refutation of it is coming from Republicans, as is the push to keep the investigation moving forward.
Sandy

Postby Jim » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:21 pm

Jim

Postby Jon Estes » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:12 am

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:17 am

Jon Estes

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:00 am

It's actually fun to see what the BBC and Deutsche Welt Anschaung have to say about the US--they don't have a dog in this fight.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:39 am

Sandy

Postby Jon Estes » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:54 am

Jon Estes

Postby Sandy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:22 am

He's not any president as far as I am concerned. However, at your request, I will refer to him as "Trump."
Sandy

Postby Jon Estes » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Jon Estes

Postby Joseph Patrick » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:05 pm

Joseph Patrick

Postby William Thornton » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:52 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Was that William JEFFERSON or Barack HUSSEIN?
Jim

Postby Sandy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:24 pm

There is a good chance Trump will go full term because it is, rightfully, hard to remove an elected President. But his Presidency is different than any other in our history. His election shows a break down of our two party system. His election also shows a drastic failure of Evangelicalism to prioritize theology over politics. Right now theology is being trumped (no pun intended) by politics.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:08 pm

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:11 pm

Jon Estes

Postby William Thornton » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:02 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:41 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:09 pm

Part of the problem may be that so much of the Religious Right is English-speaking, and thus has an innate (or at least early-childhood-origin) tendency to confuse what is right with what is right.

Haruo
Site Admin

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues