[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Fox buddy Killian and Roy Moore

Fox buddy Killian and Roy Moore

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Fox buddy Killian and Roy Moore

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:16 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Fox buddy Killian and Roy Moore

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:24 am

William, I join you in sadness that there is no confession or repentance. The actions are a long time ago, but denying that repentance is necessary for those who lived an apparently good life for the past twenty-five years is clearly a works salvation. People might be much more forgiving if he told the truth though I'm sure he would lose the election and the GOP would be one vote short in the Senate. This is all about having a majority, no matter how bad the character is who fills the seat. How sad for Baptists and other evangelicals to stoop this far.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:38 am

The tragedy of such behavior in the past needs to be addressed in a forum of how to deal with such accusations (true or false) as soon as accusations are made. I think they ought to be taken seriously and investigated thoroughly. Investigate the accused and the accuser. I say both because if a thorough investigation is not done on both ends, there could be false accusations made just to rid the political scene of those hated.

I watched the Hannity interview of RM and, for me, he came off guilty. That is simply my opinion based on the responses he gave to the questions asked.

I would like to see a fair and just process to deal with these things until they have been fully dealt with.

After the statues of limitations has passed, all one can do is ruin a career of others and for some that is enough of a price to pay - then for others, maybe not.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby Haruo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:57 am

Moore would rather commit spiritual suicide than political suicide. But for those who think Trump was sent by God to help save us, the two are synonymous. To lose the Senate majority would be eternal bankruptcy. I am more concerned, though, about Kayla. Maybe she is as fundamentally screwed up to begin with as Roy is, but maybe not, and if not, these must be horribly painfully and frightening days.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:01 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:23 am

Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:33 pm

Just a couple of notes--
There is no statute of limitations in Alabama for sexual abuse of a minor. There's a little lack of clarity as to whether that applies to 17 and 18 year olds, the way the law is written.

This isn't Moore's first rodeo when it comes to these kinds of accusations. This is the kind of thing that comes to the forefront when media attention increases, and with the scope of national media investigating who he is, they've bumped into people who never really been given a voice to talk before. That, and the fact that the man was in a powerful, judicial position to squash most of this kind of thing one way or another, including by wielding influence and power, contributed to burying this stuff, though it appears that people in Alabama have been talking about it for more than just the past few weeks. The victim's accounts are detailed, and times and places are corroborated by others.

It probably wasn't a good idea for Moore to talk to Sean Hannity. Even though his interview was mostly slow pitch softball, Moore didn't come off confident in his innocence or sound truthful. This is a tough situation, in a country where theoretically, you are innocent until proven guilty, at least from a legal perspective. Part of the reason reporters and journalists were digging so deep is that there are a lot of disturbing things about the guy that don't have to do with sexual assault of a teenaged girl. His ties and involvement in white supremacist groups, white nationalists and neo-confederates, and other right wing extremism are concerning, and in the course of looking at his past, they bumped into this.

This, however, is politics. You know there's going to be a storm when you've hung your hat on an extremist right wing populist social platform that appeals to right wing Christian groups, and there's a moral issue like this that comes up. When you've been a caustic critic of the Clintons, including Bill on this very kind of thing, and of the debunked "birther" nonsense, you'd better be next to perfect in this regard yourself, or you better be ready to weather the firestorm. I don't think this guy is.

So, in the most unlikely of places, the Democrats will gain a senate seat.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Voting in Alabama began on Oct. 18, which increases Moore's chances of pulling it off. Then it will be up to the Senate to decide whether to defrock a sitting Senator for the first time since the Civil War era. And most Republican senators have come out so determinedly against Moore that to turn in his favor at that point would probably clinch the midterm Democratic landslide I'm rather hopeful of.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:50 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:01 am

The denial of past acts, obvious lack of repentance, makes him break the 9th commandment. He made a living on the Ten Commandments and in churches.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:45 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

To my knowledge

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:56 pm

Killian has never attended any of Balmer's lectures at Samford over the past 17 years nor has he read Balmer's bio of President Ccarter. Killian among his many firneds hasn authentic friendship with Judson President David Potts whose Father Earl publicly made a profession of faithful allegiance to the Bama CBF as as soon as he left Ex Dir of the Alsbom, the position rick lance now holds.

Time for a big pow wow in Montgomery with a gut wrenching conversation framed in Balmer's magnificent piece in the Wash Post Sunday.

I enjoy breaking bread with both Killian and Balmer. Right now I'm with Balmer, Roy Moore is a "con artist"!
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Killian speaks for one group of Bama Clergy

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:20 pm

Stephen Fox

Here is how I really feel about Nick Saban and Rick Lance

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:06 am

Stephen Fox

Cuomo and Breitbart re Roy and Ringo

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:36 pm

Anybody see it this morning on CNN New Day? Must see TV. Transcript should google

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:51 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:38 pm

I've never run into the Capstone Report before. I gather it's an ultraright Southern Baptist blog from Alabama?

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:53 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:59 pm

This blurb on the main page kind of threw me for a minute, till I realized there's a paragraph break where I put the little ^; the first part is the headline, the rest is the beginning of the article. Image

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:52 pm

I'm not sure just how things work in Alabama, with someone able to get in a race this close to election day (maybe Keith or Stephen can explain it to us), but according to the article linked below "Retired Marine Col. Lee Busby...launched his eleventh-hour campaign hoping to capitalize on voters’ dissatisfaction with the choices on the ballot."

Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:43 am

My understanding is he's running as a write-in, which is something you could do right up till the polls close. I think it's unlikely he could win, and the most likely effect is to hurt Moore more than the Democrat, but we'll see. He might win if Moore would withdraw and throw his support to him, but I don't think that's likely. We'll see. We'll see.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:05 am

I posted the reference to the Capstone Report because it popped up and the tag line about Leftist Russell Moore caught my eye. After reading through the post, it is clear to see that this is nothing but a blogger rant. It has no substance, cites no corroboration or facts, and the commentary on Russ Moore's quotations has nothing at all to do with what he actually said.

The clincher, though, is the piece that proclaims him a hater of football. :lol: That confirms the substance of this particular blog.

So the day has come, as many, many people said that it would, when a political agenda has become more important than character in a candidate for office. In its exhuberant support for what it claims to be a moral agenda, the religious right has already endorsed policies and platforms that are diametrically opposed to the teaching of scripture, and which mock Jesus. I've seen and heard many discussions by people claiming to be good, conservative, right wing, born again believers in Christ that do everything from defending the misunderstood Pharisees to redefining what Jesus meant by "enemies" when he commanded us to love them.

Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation. When his breath departs, he returns to the earth; on that very day his plans perish.
Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God, who made heaven and earth, the sea and all that is in them, who keeps faith forever; who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. Psalm 146:3-7

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/25/opin ... risis.html
Last edited by Sandy on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:13 am

Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:31 am

Sandy

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:52 am

Rvaughn

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues