[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Roy Moore and the teenaged girls

Roy Moore and the teenaged girls

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Roy Moore and the teenaged girls

Postby Haruo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:05 pm

Interesting article. I know it's in the Washington Post, but it has the ring of credibility about it.

It would be refreshing to see him come clean about this stuff. In AA I was taught "You're only as sick as your secrets", and it seems like a lot of Evangelical Right-Wingers have some secrets that they would benefit from airing. Roy Moore being one. And I wouldn't object if it also cost him an election. ;-)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Roy Moore and the teenaged girls

Postby William Thornton » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Never liked the guy. Wouldn't vote for him. Not sure about 30-40 year old charges being raised. Moore has run for office for years. Why now? Let the chips fall where they may.

WAPO has a pay wall.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:34 pm

The higher the office, the deeper the digging.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

I heard 20 minutes

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:49 pm

after it went up on Huff Post.

Read the Wash Post piece. Got a pic two weeks ago with Roy Moore's pastor for 12 years in Gallant Alabama, Rev Stansell. He comes through Collinsville every Weds on way to prayer meeting. His daughter was bright young woman when I was her Sub teach up on Lookout Mtn. She now works at Sand Rock High School, does the books.

I was at ralley for his opponent Doug Jones Tuesday night in Fyffe. Was impressed with Jones. Saw my ole friend Lowell Barron, at one time 2nd most powerful man in the state. Told him a humorous story that doubled him over. Used to call him on Statewide public live tv and ask his pay day loan schemes. He remembers me. And former President Muse of Auburn from Marks, Mississippi and I talked once about Lowell after a Kate Campbell concert at Samford.

His wife walked away. Didnt want to hear any Lowell Barron stories, but Muse has been around. Took it all in good stride and dark humor
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Haruo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:50 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:32 pm

I can't stand the guy. Never have thought he was anything but a cheap demagogue. But yeah, Weinstein has made this more profitable. I see that WAPO has dozens of sources. Never doubt that some of Fox's Alabama pals will elect him anyway.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Yellowhammer News

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:58 pm

The voice of Steve Bannon and Donald Trump with direct connections from the Trump White House to the intestines of Bama Babbdists through Bama WH staffer Cliff Simms network to Babdist church of the Highlands and Rick Burgess, this years Bama Bap Keynote speaker; Simms founded Yhammer is on the fence right now, quite nervous.

See their 96th thesis up six minutes ago at yellowhammernews.com
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Haruo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:55 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:14 am

Was Moore so busy placing his Ten Commandments monument that he failed to ever read it? :?
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:23 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:29 am

Jerry Falwell Jr is sticking by his man, who is denying the stories. But the AL state auditor, Jim Ziegler, is not. He is defending Moore on the grounds that there was nothing wrong with what he did (he didn't bother to say "was alleged to have done"). He uses Mary, Joseph, Elizabeth and Zechariah as backup.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:44 am

I hope Moore gets his day in court before an impartial judge.

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:39 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:26 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:39 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:33 pm

Jim

Re: I heard 20 minutes

Postby Rvaughn » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:22 am

A bit of a sidelight, but (the second time) interests me, too, for what it says about his insensitivity to issues of power and coercion. I also note that the story never specifies the gender of the four-year-old, which leaves me wondering what it was and whether Moore's opinion might have been different if it were different.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:39 am

To see to what lengths the democrats will go to destroy a person's reputation and, hopefully, career, one has only to hearken back to Sept.-Oct. Of 1991 and refresh memories of the attempted moral assassination of Justice Clarence Thomas. The Senate was owned by the democrats and this debacle happened in the Judiciary Committee headed by Joe (God love ya) Biden. In 1990, Thomas had been thoroughly examined by the committee and with only one dissenting vote appointed to the federal bench in D.C. His record and background were considered impeccable. In 1991, the dems had two problems: Thomas had just been considered the year before as the purest/best thing since sliced bread and he was African-American when there was no black on the court since Justice Thurgood Marshall, also black, had just resigned account poor health. Just as is the case with Moore, the only way to deep-six Thomas was to smear him morally. His worthiness was already concretely established. Triggered apparently by the staffs of senators Metzenbaum and Kennedy, the name of Anita Hill, who had worked for Thomas in two government agencies and then kept up at least a phone correspondence long afterward, was discovered in Oklahoma and after weeks of arm-twisting finally agreed to make a damaging statement but only if the FBI not be involved. When it became clear what was happening, the White House Counsel finally got the FBI to investigate. Result: Nothing wrong found. I watched the hearings on C-Span (lurid at times). Other women appeared suddenly to back up Hill, just as now, but the attempt at “high-tech lynching” (Thomas's characterization) was continued. Remember “long-dong-silver” or the “coke-can and pubic hair” stuff that was too lewd for TV, actually. Biden had to cave or write off the black vote so Thomas was approved.

Moore is a graduate of West Point and was a U.S. Army Company Commander in Viet Nam. He has been through a number of campaigns in the last few decades with no charges of immorality ever brought up. He's been elected to the Alabama Supreme Court twice and has been chief justice. He is hated by both democrat and republican establishments because he's a maverick and says what he thinks. He lost his court terms twice (on principle), once because he wouldn't enforce same-sex marriage and once for not removing the Ten Commandments from the capitol rotunda. That kind of sacrifice is noteworthy. Military officers are allowed to disobey any order they consider illegal so Moore was following that tradition. It cost him.

Ironically, democrat New Jersey Senator Menendez has just been through a long trial concerning charges of corruption—some details are slimy—and the jury is deliberating his fate (probably go free in NJ). Or more ironically, was the slime committed by Harry Reid, Barack Obama and Senator Durbin in 2009 when they actually locked the legally appointed successor to Obama in the Senate out of the capitol. The Court turned them around and Burris took his seat and served out the term. And then, of course, there's Hillary, the infamous tarmac-turnaround and the skewering of Sanders by the democrats. Beside the democrats, Moore appears as a saint and has been indicted by the Washington Post, not any jury, on charges that can never be corroborated, just as in the Thomas case.
Jim

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:56 am

Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:56 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:43 pm

The aggressive part may be related to "more money". The firm I referenced in my previous post can, I believe, dig up anything that exists on anybody. But you have to be willing to pay for it. (Of course, WAPO and NYT probably does their own work.)
Rvaughn

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues