[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Sexual Abuse Allegations

Sexual Abuse Allegations

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Sexual Abuse Allegations

Postby Haruo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:29 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:57 am

JE Pettibone

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:10 am

Jim

Postby Haruo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:44 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:39 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:08 pm

I can confirm the service of my forbears in the Union Army but can't confirm what my wife has always been told, namely that her great-grandfather was a Union officer but his wife was a confederate sympathizer who worked in molding bullets for the South. Only in the border states! I attended a funeral for a distant relative in California back in the 90s and the first thing said to me by her son (whom I had never met) was something like “Yep, you look just like one,” referring to the Indians (okay, native-Americans). I've been told that I have a significant amount of Indian blood account my maternal great-grandmother being perhaps either whole- or half-Indian. I've read enough about the subject to believe it and figure that in the northern-most pathways of the “Trail of Tears,” which I believe probably meandered through southeast Kentucky, some of the captives simply drifted away, as they did in the rest of the Appalachians.
Jim

Postby Haruo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:57 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:24 pm

Never a dull moment in Ky. Judge resigns over religious convictions: .
Jim

Postby Haruo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Jim, this is where your link led me: Image

You're talking about the anti-gay-adoptions judge, I imagine. Here's about the matter.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:46 am

Yeah, you're right. I brought up the paper itself meaning the turning of pages. Sorry. The article helps explode the myth that the USA is a Christian nation. Actually, just on the basis of this article and the abortion of 60 million since 1973 indicate that the USA is actually far more heathen, but then we knew that, didn't we? Tampering with God's design for the propagation of the race is blasphemy, no matter how governmentally legal it is.
Jim

Postby Haruo » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:52 pm

I'm not so sure God's plan for human propagation is all that simplistic, and I'm also not all that sure what the supposed ethics violations of the judge were (I've only skimmed the particular story). If all he did was recuse himself (or try to) from cases where he believed his own religious beliefs would preclude his objective fairness as a judge under the laws of the land, then I think that's laudable. Certainly better than pretending to uphold the laws of the land while actually just upholding one's personal beliefs. In my opinion. I can see how one could take the opposite position. One of my failings, the ability to see the other side of all these gray issues.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:41 pm

Gray issues don't have sides. They're subject to relativity, not substance. In the matter of same-sex marriage and the slaying of the unborn, there are only black or white. Just like its being impossible to be partly pregnant, it's impossible for a fetus to be half-dead while the fetus-carrier decides whether the little inconvenient thing (like an appendix) is half-alive and therefore eligible to be born. When two men conceive a child, the gray area will be abolished. Until then, same-sex marriage is blasphemy in spades. There's always cloning, of course, but even—especially—that is uber-apostasy, in direct contravention of Nature's (God's) plan. God didn't tell Adam to be fruitful and multiply and Jesus didn't say that a man must leave himself and be wedded to himself and be fruitful and multiply.
Jim

Postby Sandy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:12 pm

Sandy