[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - The Republican Jesus

The Republican Jesus

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: The Republican Jesus

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:28 pm

Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby KeithE » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:27 pm

Daves post (poster) mocked the right, of which I am a part.

I guess it makes you happy to state things the way the poster stated them.

Because I support being in the country legally and think all illegals need to be here in a manner which is legal, doesn't make me an enemy... it does, I guess, make you unhappy. Oh well.

When a poor lost man is turned away from heaven because He is not saved, our heart ought to be broken over his lostness first, not his poverty. Helping correct one of these makes an eternal difference, the other doesn't.
Jon Estes

Postby Sandy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:48 pm

Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:30 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:39 am

Jon Estes

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:07 am

Jon, is it not possible to believe in both the Great Commission and the Great Commandments? If I love my neighbor as I love myself, I neither want him lost nor hungry, ill-clothed or homeless.

I do ask myself occasionally what it would have meant had Egypt had a border wall in 4 BC???
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:40 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:50 am

Sandy

Postby Jim » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:36 am

Jim

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:01 am

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:25 am

Under any "immigration reform" plan, what gets reformed? We have a quota system in place, but it hasn't kept up with patterns of immigration. Quotas from some countries go unfilled, while others are jammed. They are always set with some "engineering" with regard to nationalities and race, and in more recent history, to allow for those with technical skills, and medical skills, to enter because we are getting short in those categories. We also have a long history and heritage as a country which provides a refuge from oppression, and as a country which provides a place for people to start over, and have opportunity they can't get elsewhere. All of those things need to be in balance.

There was a time in the modern history of the country that quotas and numbers were used to restrict Jewish refugees from entering, at the time they were being persecuted and murdered by the Nazis in Europe. All kinds of mazes and obstacle courses were put in place, with the reason for restricting them being that there might be spies or saboteurs among them. Most of them were trapped in Nazi occupied Europe, and couldn't get legal papers, but even among those who could, the United States set up roadblocks for allowing them to come here. Race or religion shouldn't make a difference in whether a person gets to come here, or whether we will allow them freedom from oppression here, that aspect of immigration should be color blind.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:04 pm

The Grange Hall we went to a singing at in Joseph, Oregon, earlier this year had a plaque on the wall commemorating the Grange's significant accomplishments. One of the items celebrated was the Chinese Exclusion Act.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Sandy

Postby Jon Estes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:20 am

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:23 am

Jon Estes

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:30 am

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:34 am

Sandy

Postby Jim » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Jim

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:34 am

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:40 am

Jim - It seems too many people try to make God fit the current culture and they work real hard to adjust God to see it happen instead of working hard to get the culture to adjust to fit God and His standard.
Jon Estes

Postby Sandy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Let's put an end to this. If Egypt had a border wall then obviously God would have been stymied.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:15 pm

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:04 pm

I think we can get creative, and have a little fun with this. I mean, once Joseph, Mary and Jesus made it to Egypt, they were poor Palestinian refugees. Not much of a chance getting into the US with that kind of status with Republicans in charge of immigration.
Sandy

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues