Can't find Martin anywhere ...

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: KeithE

Can't find Martin anywhere ...

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:49 am

I did find Malcom though. And a nice few of Castro.

K is so likable. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Re: Can't find Martin anywhere ...

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:44 pm

Jon Estes wrote:I did find Malcom though. And a nice few of Castro.

K is so likable. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yeah...Mohammad Ali went down the road with Malcolm until the X caused a furor for exposing the NOI head honcho for “doing” girls. Ali threw Malcolm under the bus, but he actually was murdered in cold blood by (Calypso Louie?) or his thugs whilst giving a speech. Beautiful people. Seems I saw or heard that K is suing someone or some group because no one will hire him, like the Packers that just lost an NFL top-quarterback for the season account broken collar-bone. Maybe some owner will become desperate enough but will risk losing a lot of audience. The NFL is already suffering a significant loss in spectator-ship.
Jim

Postby Haruo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Can you point me to a well-written, document-laden account of the Ali-X relationship?
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Haruo wrote:Can you point me to a well-written, document-laden account of the Ali-X relationship?

This is an NPR site: http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2016/02/25/467247668/muhammad-ali-and-malcolm-x-a-broken-friendship-an-enduring-legacy for a glimpse of their relationship in which is mentioned a book I haven't read but it might be good for an investigation. Head man Muhammad of the NOI took Ali under his wing and Ali claimed to be a Sunni somewhere along the way. Malcolm X was a genuinely tragic figure whose intelligence was impressive. I've just read material about these folks but never made an exhaustive effort to research the whole picture. After Muhammad's death, the NOI went through some rough times--even a split, I think--and Louis Farrakhan came out on top. Listening to him speak is worth the effort, especially since he, also a passably good violinist, is both articulate and can express hatred of Caucasians and Jews like nobody else. The rev/doc Jeremiah Wright accompanied him on a trip in the early 80s to Libya for a visit with Qadaffi, from whom Farrakhan hoped to receive some huge money, which actually came through in the 90s but the U.S. kept Calypso Louie from collecting it...at least I seem to remember all that. Anyhow, while Ali was big stuff (I despise boxing) in Louisville, some doctors performed the first attachment of a hand to its arm after an accident caused the dismembering. The irony is obvious.
Jim

Postby Haruo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:23 am

Thanks, I'll look it up. I remember my dad pulling over in traffic in San Francisco ca. 1965 to buy a copy of Muhammad Speaks from a curbside vendor. The Final Call is hawked in similar fashion in downtown Seattle to this day. But I must say the NOI's hatred of whites is muted compared with that of the Black Israelites who preach a block or two away.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:03 am

And so..........?
Sandy
Sandy

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues