[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Best I've Seen on the NFL Protest issue....

Best I've Seen on the NFL Protest issue....

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Best I've Seen on the NFL Protest issue....

Postby Sandy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:34 pm

Sandy

Nick saban wasnt bad

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:22 pm

Monday week ago at Saturday's down south. Any fair minded person will see it as a rebuttal of Trump and his SOB Statement; standing Nick Standing with Pete Carroll and the Heismann's Derrick Henry and Mariota.

I'm waitin on SEC Commish Greg Sankey and then Katy bar the Door, it's a whole new neighborhood.

Meanwhile Sandy and Thornton should prayerfully consider my blog on the Bama Senate which like LBJ's granny's nightshirt "covers everything!"
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Best I've Seen on the NFL Protest issue....

Postby William Thornton » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:07 pm

NFL folds...money talks in this league.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:41 pm

JE Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:45 pm

In what way has Kaepernick been forcing his witness on everybody else? I thought they were all choosing their own methods of protest.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:47 am

NFL owners aren't dumb. They can see that this will diminish their core constituency and are taking steps to minimize it. It's not a coincidence that trump has raised the issue of public subsidies. Money talks.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:38 am

JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:40 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:50 am

Sandy

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:20 am

Interesting article: . If K actually said this, he's a bit of a hypocrite, but who cares anyway? The current fad of disrespecting the flag is strictly a racial matter now, notwithstanding whatever K actually thought he was doing. He never used a poster to announce his efforts, just sat during the anthem, etc., and later said it was a stand against police brutality or something like that. Most fans probably don't give a fig about all the brouhaha this has created and figure a bunch of millionaires taking a knee for three minutes and then bashing each other for that three hours of fame every week means little more than how to make more money and constantly collect those gobs of greenbacks. What could be better than doing an in-your-face to the country at every opportunity? The disrespect actually points to the greatness of a nation that makes it possible to collect $4 million per year (avg. NFL wage) and diss the people who watch all at the same time.
Jim

Postby Haruo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:14 am

How many of you have listened attentively to this calm, "not angry" speech by the Black, Conservative, Republican, Evangelical Christian Senator from South Carolina, which he made to the Senate in the aftermath of last year's church shooting incident in his part of the country?

I think those of us who are white (which is everybody I can think of on this supposedly Baptist-friendly forum) really need to hear this message, we really need to understand the vast difference between our experience of being pulled over by the cops and that of our compatriots whose main difference from us is that they are Black and we are White. And I really don't think many of us have heard, and digested, that fact.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Sandy

Postby JE Pettibone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:39 am

JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:20 am

Which travesty? And what are the first TWO speeches?

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:39 pm

JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:21 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:48 am

JE Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Sandy

Postby JE Pettibone » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:04 pm

Ed: Sandy where are you getting your ticket price info? Yea I know there are Scalpers yet the majority of fans in the stands paid far less than your claim. The price of tickets for that game ranged from $48.00 to $96.00 as of yesterday, from an on line re-seller.
JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:00 pm

I can only think of four or five times in my life that I have been pulled over by a cop; one led to a ticket, and one led to a trip to jail (my second of three) but the jail visit was not related to my driving. I still don't get what Ed it driving at with the quizzing about speeches by Tim Scott other than the only one I've actually seen. And I don't get what the bit about the tickets and frequency of traffic stops is about. Ed? (I'm posting this way because doing it from the original involves more embedded quotes than the software can take.)

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:57 am

JE Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:26 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Face value for UGA tickets is $50 or so. Season ticket holders of premium seats pay a chunk, a donation, to the athletic association. For most games you can pick up a ticket on the street for below FV but not for premium games. I haven't paid for a ticket for years (might attend a couple of games a year) because of friends, sometimes HS coaches who often get free tickets, etc. Truth is, I'd rather sit at home and watch on TV these days.

Big money in college football.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:23 pm

JE Pettibone

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues