[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Getting rid of books

Getting rid of books

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Getting rid of books

Postby William Thornton » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:28 am

Haruo do you have a copy of "Wally Fowler and the 'Oak Ridge Quartet' deluxe edition" songbook? It has the song "Naturalized for Heaven." I might start a bidding war between you and Jon Estes.

Also:

Revival Choir, J. Stratton Shufelt, 1946. Has "My mother's Bible" a guaranteed tear jerker.

Devotional Hymns, Hope Publishing Co., 1947. Looks Presbyterian.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Getting rid of books

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:58 am

Just curious, is this the My Mother's Bible song:

1 There's a dear and precious book,
Tho' it's worn and faded now,
Which recalls the happy days of long ago;
When I stood at mother's knee,
With her hand upon my brow,
And I heard her voice in gentle tones and low.

Chorus:
Blessed book, precious book,
On thy dear old tear-stained leaves I love to look;
Thou art sweet day by day,
As I walk the narrow way
That leads at last to that bright home above.

2 There she read of Jesus' love,
As he blest the children dear,
How he suffered, bled and died upon the tree;
Of his heavy load of care,
Then she dried my flowing tear
With her kisses as she said it was for me.
[Chorus]

3 Well, those days are past and gone,
But their mem'ry lingers still,
And the dear old Book each day has been my guide;
And I seek to do his will,
As my mother taught me then,
And ever in my heart his words abide.
[Chorus]
Rvaughn

Postby William Thornton » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 am

Sniff, sniff...
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Is "Sniff, sniff" a yea or a nay, William?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:19 pm

I do not have any of these, and am slightly interested in all three. I will gladly reimburse for postage, but will not compete with Jon if he really wants a hymn about naturalization.

Neither I nor [url]Hymnary.org[/url] has either of the first two. I do have a volume called Revival Solos, which may or may not be related somehow to Revival Choir. I have copies of the 1935 and 1957 editions of Hope's Devotional Hymns, but the database is not edited to the point where it's possible to tell if their contents are identical. If they are, I would be inclined to imagine editions intervening would also be mere reprints, in which case I'm not sure I'd even want to spring for postage ;-) but in the absence of proof... So if I'm getting the others, might as well throw this in as well...

Hymnary.org has with that "My Mother's Bible" in them, of which I possess copies of eight, most famously the Broadman Hymnal and most recently the New National Baptist Hymnal (1994 ed.).

Haruo
Site Admin

My Mother's Other Bible

Postby Haruo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:30 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:07 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:10 pm

PM me your address again and I'll send them to you. Early Christmas gift for being so congenial all these years.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Mom's OLD but true Bible

Postby Haruo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Are you doing a general "weeding out," or just these few hymnals?
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:42 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:54 pm

We have a need for books which would get reasonable use in a Christian school library. We have a pretty advanced curriculum in Biblical studies, including a mix of apologetics and systematic theology. Always on the lookout to supplement the library in that department.
Sandy

Re: Acquiring books

Postby Haruo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Thank Frieda for the nice songbooks, William! They bring the list of "My Hymnals" at hymnary.org to 401 items. (Some are more or less duplicates, like the Devotional Hymns of 1947, which may turn out to be identical in contents to the 1935 and/or 1957 hymnals of the same name from the same publisher... or there may be minor but intriguing differences. I may not live to find out, but luckily all that sort of detail is available in heaven if I'm still interested. And some, like Al Smith's Low Voices volumes around #210, are really serials that should perhaps be counted as an item rather than items.) The eccentric alphabetization is because hymnary.org spits them out in perfectly alphabetical order according to its own rather chaotic catalog-number system rather than title.

Here's the list:
1 200 Scripture Songs You love to sing...
2 All-American Church Hymnal
3 An American Christmas Harp
4 African American Heritage Hymnal
5 The Alfred Burt Christmas Carols Song Album
6 Adoru kantante
7 The Adoremus Hymnal
8 Adoru: ekumena diserva libro
9 AGO Founders Hymnal
10 The American Hymnal for English Speaking People Everywhere
11 Alabanza Cubana Para las Naciones
12 Al Dio sonu nova kant'!
13 The A.M.E. Zion Hymnal: official hymnal of the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
14 A New Hymnal for Colleges and Schools
15 A New Now Youth Folk Hymnal
16 The Hymnal: Army and Navy
17 Annotations upon Popular Hymns
18 Assembly Songs
19 Action Songs for Boys and Girls, Vol.2
20 At the Lighting of the Lamps: Hymns of the Ancient Church
21 Blessed Assurance: Hymns of Fanny J. Crosby
22 Top 500 Baptist Hymns
23 BDSA's "Own" Song Book
24 beyond a dream
25 Billy Graham Crusade Songs 1960
26 Baptist Hymnal 1956
27 The Broadman Hymnal
28 Baptist Hymnal 1975
29 Baptist Hymnal 1991
30 Baptist Hymnal 2008
31 The Baptist Hymnal, for Use in the Church and Home
32 The Baptist Hymnal: for use in the church and home
33 Bread of Life Scripture Songs
34 Beams of Heaven: Hymns of Charles Albert Tindley
35 The Book of Praise
36 Borning Cry, Second Edition, Volume I
37 Bring Many Names
38 Better Than Pearls: sacred songs expressly adapted for gospel meetings
39 Sacred Songs for the Baptist Young People's Union 10th International Convention
40 Calvary Melodies Book One
41 Country & Western Gospel Hymnal Volume One
42 Carols for Choirs 1: Fifty Christmas Carols
43 Carols for Choirs 2: Fifty Carols for Christmas and Advent
44 The Chancel Choir No.2
45 Christmas Customs and Carols
46 Cousins' Christmas Carol Collection
47 Cousins' Christmas Carol Collection, revised 2006 edition
48 Cáng ciō séng sĭ
49 Christmas Carols and Songs for Singing
50 Cantos de Alabanza y Adoración (Edición Letra)
51 Cáliz de Bendiciones: Himnario Discipulos de Cristo
52 The Celebration Hymnal: songs and hymns for worship
53 Canticle, the Franciscan University Hymnal
54 Crowning Glory No. 1: a choice collection of gospel hymns
55 Celebrating Grace Hymnal
56 Crusader Hymns
57 Chalice Hymnal
58 The "Connexion" & Jeremiah Ingalls Society Bicentennial Edition, 1805-2005 of The Christian Harmony
59 The Christian Hymnary. Bks. 1-4
60 Choice Songs for Youth No. 1
61 찬송가
62 The Christian Harmony: in the seven-syllable character note system of music;... 2010 Revised Edition
63 The Covenant Hymnal: a worshipbook
64 The History of Hymn Singing as told through One hundred & One famous hymns
65 The Christian Life Hymnal
66 Choice Light and Life Songs
67 찬송과 예배 = Chansong gwa yebae = Come, Let Us Worship: the Korean-English Presbyterian hymnal and service book
68 Christmas Favorites
69 Community of Christ Sings
70 Columbian Harmony; or a choice collection of Psalm Tunes, Hymns, and Anthems, in three parts;...
71 The Collegeville Hymnal
72 The Contemporary Hymn Book
73 Christian Science Hymnal
74 The Colored Sacred Harp, Third Revised edition
75 Christian Science Hymnal Supplement: hymns 430-462
76 The Church School Hymnal for Youth
77 Christian Service Songs
78 Christian Science Hymnal: words only
79 Christian Worship: a hymnal
80 The Cokesbury Worship Hymnal
81 Deluxe 200 Christmas Song Book
82 Dakota Odowan: Dakota hymns
83 Devotional Hymns
84 Devotional Hymns
85 Dare to Run Songbook: 51 Contemporary Songs
86 ¡Despertad y cantad!
87 An Eclectic Harmony II: A Collection of Tunes ... (seven-shape)
88 An Eclectic Harmony: A Collection of Four-Shape Tunes Old and New
89 Kantoj el Taizé: Ekumena Preĝ- kaj Kantaro Prov-eldono 1-a kajero
90 Diservoj: Ekumena Diserva Libro Prov-eldono 2-a kajero
91 Sanktaj Mesoj de la 50-a IKUE-kongreso: Ekumena Diserva Libro Prov-eldono 3-a kajero
92 Evangelisches Gesangbuch
93 The Hymnal: as authorized and approved for use by the General Convention of the Protestant Episcopal Church, mcmxvi
94 Hymnal 1982: according to the use of the Episcopal Church
95 Espero Katolika, Numero 1-3/2009 (Kantoj post Adoru)
96 Evangelisches Kirchen-Gesangbuch
97 Evangelical Lutheran Hymnary
98 Evangelical Lutheran Worship
99 Evergreen Sings
100 Esperanta Himnaro
101 Espero Internacia
102 Evangelia Kantaro
103 Evangel Songs
104 Exalt Him! Songs for Celebration & Praise: プレイズ & ワーシップ ソングブック
105 Folk Encounter (the NOW hymnal)
106 Favorite Hymns of Praise
107 Field Service Book
108 Fresh Laurels for the Sabbath School, A new and extensive collection of music and hymns. Prepared expressly for the Sabbath Schools, Etc.
109 Folk Celebration
110 Full Redemption Songs
111 First Supplement to the Hymnal (1956)
112 For the Living of These Days
113 The Faith We Sing
114 Gather Comprehensive
115 Gather Comprehensive, Second Edition
116 The Gospel Choir No. 2
117 Gesangbuch der Evangelisch-Methodistischen Kirche
118 Get All Excited: TRUTH Sings Bill Gaither
119 Glory to God: the Presbyterian Hymnal
120 Glorious Gospel Hymns
121 Great Gospel Songs and Hymns
122 Gospel Hymnal
123 Gospel Hymns and Sacred Songs: as used by them in gospel meetings
124 Glory & Praise Parish Music Program
125 Great Revival Hymns No.2
126 The Greenwood Harmony (2nd ed.)
127 Great Songs of the Church. number two: a treasury of six hundred sacred songs suitable for all services of the church
128 Glad Tidings in Song
129 The Hymnbook
130 The Hymnal
131 Hymns for Creative Living
132 Hymnbook for Christian Worship
133 Hymns for Junior Worship
134 Haa Aanḵáawu Kanax̲tooshéix̲’ "Let's Just Praise the Lord"
135 Hymnal: A Worship Book
136 Himnario Bautista
137 Hymns for Creatures Great and Small
138 Hymnal for Church and Home
139 Himnos de gloria: cantos de triunfo
140 Himnos de la Iglesia
141 Himnos de la Vida Cristiana
142 Help us to Help Each Other: Hymns for Life and Ministry with the Poor
143 The Hymnal of the Evangelical Mission Covenant Church of America
144 Hymns for the Family of God
145 Hymns for the Living Church
146 Hymns for Praise and Worship
147 Hymns for Signing (American Sign Language)
148 Hymns for the Spiritual Journey
149 Hymns from the Four Winds: A Collection of Asian American Hymns
150 Hymns of Faith
151 Himnaro Esperanta, 4-a eld.
152 Himnaro Esperanta, 5-a eld.
153 Himnaro: Unua Kolekto
154 Himnu la Komunumo
155 Hymns In The Vineyard
156 Hymns (The hymnal of the Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship)
157 Hymns: The Hymnal of Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship
158 Hymns of Faith and Life
159 Hymns of Glory No. 2
160 Hymns of Glorious Praise
161 Hymnal and Order of Service: for churches and Sunday-schools
162 The Hymnal and Order of Service
163 Hymns of the Saints: Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
164 His Praise
165 The Hymnal
166 The Hymnal of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America 1940
167 Hymns for a Pilgrim People: a congregational hymnal
168 The Harmonia Sacra: a compilation of genuine church music : comprising a great variety of metres, harmonized for four voices : together with a copious explication of the principles ...(25th ed.)
169 Hymns of Truth & Light
170 Hymns of Truth and Praise
171 Heavenly Voices
172 Himnos de Vida y Luz
173 Heavenly Highway Hymns shape notes
174 Healing Waters
175 The Hymnal for Worship and Celebration
176 Hymns and Songs of the Spirit
177 Hymnal Supplement II
178 The International Book of Christmas Carols
179 Inspiring Hymns
180 In Praise We Sing: Two-part treble voices (Book 1)
181 Junior Hymns and Songs: for ... Church Sch., Sunday Ses., Week Day Ses., Vacation Ses., Junior Socs. (Judson Ed.)
182 JourneySongs Second Edition
183 Joy is like the Rain: Piano-Vocal Collection
184 Jubilant Praise: for young people's societies, Sunday Schools, and Church Prayer Meetings
185 Kantu al la Eternulo
186 The King's Highway No. 2
187 Ki̱jndá‑lá Na̱'ín‑ná ‑ Cantemos al Señor (Segunda edición)
188 KANTU: Kristanaj kaj nereligiaj kantoj en Esperanto
189 こども さんびか [Kodomo Sanbika]
190 Little Book of Favorite Hymns: designed as a supplement for the Primitive Baptist Hymn and Tune Book
191 Lutheran Book of Worship
192 Laudes Domini: a selection of spiritual songs ancient and modern
193 Hymns of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
194 Let's Sing
195 Lift Every Voice and Sing II: an African American hymnal
196 Lone Favorites: Our Favorite Songs
197 Living Hymns: the small hymnal: a book of worship and praise for the developing life
198 Living Hymns
199 Liberala Himnaro
200 The Liturgical Harp: a tunebook that brings together shapenote ensembles and church choirs
201 Let's just Praise the Lord (Music Edition)
202 Look and Live Songs
203 Light and Life Songs No. 3
204 Look Up
205 Lillenas' Solos and Duets No. 1
206 Leben und Loben: Neue Lieder für die Gemeinde
207 Al Smith's Choice Collection of Gospel Solos for Low Voice (Vol. 1)
208 Al Smith's Choice Collection of Gospel Solos for Low Voice (Vol. 2)
209 Al Smith's Choice Collection of Gospel Solos for Low Voice (Vol. 3)
210 Al Smith's Choice Collection of Gospel Solos for Low Voice (Vol. 4)
211 Al Smith's Choice Collection of Gospel Solos for Low Voice (Vol. 5)
212 Low Voice Treasury: 101 Contemporary and Time-Honored Favorites
213 Living Way Hymnal
214 Lutheran Worship
215 Majesty Hymns
216 Mennonite Brethren Church Hymnal
217 Make Christ King: a selection of high class gospel music for use in general worship and special evangelistic meetings
218 Melodious Accord Hymnal
219 The Methodist Hymn-Book with Tunes
220 The Methodist Hymnal: official hymnal of the Methodist Church
221 The Missouri Harmony or a choice collection of psalm tunes, hymns, and anthems
222 The Methodist Hymnal, Official Hymnal of the Methodist Church
223 Miracle Melodies: Gospel Solos and Duets of Merit
224 Mountainbrook Melodies
225 Melodies of Praise
226 Mil Voces para Celebrar: Himnario Metodista
227 North American Hymnal (2nd ed.)
228 The New Baptist Praise Book: or, Hymns of the Centuries
229 The New Church Hymnal
230 The New Church Hymnal
231 The New Century Hymnal
232 New Songs, 5th ed.
233 New Songs of Inspiration: number ten, gospel psalms, sacred hymns, scripture readings ...
234 The New Hymnal for American Youth
235 The New Harp of Columbia, Restored Edition
236 The New National Baptist Hymnal
237 The New National Baptist Hymnal (21st Century Edition)
238 Northern Harmony: Plain Tunes, Fuging Tunes and Anthems from the Early and Contemporary New England Singing Traditions
239 The Norumbega Harmony: Historic and Contemporary Hymn Tunes and Anthems from the New England Singing School Tradition
240 New Perfect Praise for Sunday-Schools, Singing-Schools, Revivals, Conventions and General Use in Christian Work and Worship.
241 New Songs for Service
242 Ni vivu laŭeble plej bele
243 Nyimbo za Imani Yetu
244 Oxford Book of Carols, The
245 Ordo de Diservo
246 Old Fashioned Revival Hour Songs Compiled
247 One Faith, Una Voz
248 Oberlin Harmony
249 Old-Line Primitive Baptist Hymn and Tune Book
250 Pathen Koehna Laabu
251 Primitive Baptist hymn book for all lovers of sacred song (4th ed.)
252 Primitive Baptist Hymn and Tune Book
253 Praise Divine
254 Pennsylvania Christian Endeavor Songs: Sing and smile and pray "For Christ and the Church"
255 Praise Evangel for Sunday Schools
256 The Popular Hymnal
257 The Pilgrim Hymnal
258 Pilgrim Hymnal
259 Presbyterian Hymnal: hymns, psalms, and spiritual songs
260 Praise Him
261 Praise! Our Songs and Hymns
262 Praise
263 Praise Chorus Book (Expanded 2nd Edition)
264 The Psalter: Psalms and Canticles for Singing
265 Psalter Hymnal (Gray)
266 Psalter Hymnal (Red)
267 The Plainsong Psalter
268 Praise and Worship: hymnal
269 Praises We Sing (2nd ed.)
270 Praise and Worship Songbook 3
271 Praise y Adoración: a bilingual hymnal : un himnario bilingüe
272 Revival Choir
273 Rodeheaver's Collection for Low Voice. No. 4
274 Rodeheaver's Gospel Songs for church, Sunday Schools and evangelistic services
275 Rejoice in God: the K. Lee Scott Hymnary
276 Rejoice in the Lord
277 Richard Maxwell's Favorite "Hymns You Love"
278 Renew!
279 Rock of Ages A Worship and Songbook for Retirement Living
280 Revival Solos
281 Reasons to Sing
282 Songs for Worship
283 Service Book and Hymnal of the Lutheran Church in America
284 讃美歌 21 (Sanbika 21)
285 讃美歌 / 讃美歌第二編 (Sanbika/Sanbika Dainihen)
286 讃美歌 (Sanbika)
287 The Song Book of the Salvation Army
288 Shin Buddhist Service Book
289 Seventh-day Adventist Hymnal
290 Singing Evangelism (Billy Graham Campaign Songs)
291 聖歌 [Seika]
292 Selections from Christian Service Songs: Utility Edition
293 Spirit Filled Songs
294 Songs for Suffering Saints: Thirty-two original hymns set to existing tunes
295 Singing Glory: Select Songs
296 The Social Harp
297 The Sacred Harp: the best collection of sacred songs, hymns, odes, and anthems ... (1991 rev.)
298 The Sacred Harp: Revised Cooper Edition 2012
299 Secular Hymnal: 144 hymn tunes made inclusive for all
300 Sankta Harmonio
301 Shaping Sanctuary: Proclaiming God's Grace in an Inclusive Church
302 The Service Hymnal, compiled for the General Use in All Religious Services ...
303 The Shenandoah Harmony: A collection of shape-note tunes, ancient and modern, for singing groups large or small
304 The Shorter New Oxford Book of Carols
305 新聖歌 [Shinseika]
306 Sing 'n' Celebrate
307 Sing 'n' Celebrate II
308 Sing My Heart
309 [Sgaw Karen Baptist Hymnal, 1963]
310 Spiritual Life Songs
311 Singing the Living Tradition
312 Sound of Living Waters: Songs of the Spirit
313 Smyrna Missionary Baptist Shapenote Hymns
314 Songs of Conquest
315 Songs of Grace: new hymns for God and neighbor
316 Sing of Justice, Sing of Peace
317 Songs: an electric lyric collection of more than 580 songs for most situations
318 Songs
319 Songs for the World: Hymns by Charles Wesley
320 Songs: The Tune Book
321 Songs of Praise Number One
322 Songs of Praise
323 Songs of Praise
324 Songs of Praise
325 Songs of Perfect Love
326 Songs of Sydney Carter: In the present tense, Book 2
327 Songs of Worship
328 Songs of Zion
329 Songs & Prayers from Taizé
330 Sing Praises to Jehovah
331 Songs of Redeeming Love (No. 2)
332 Second Supplement to the Hymnal (1956)
333 Salvation Songs for Children, Number One
334 Salvation Songs for Children, No.2
335 Sunday School Hymns No. 2 (Canadian ed.)
336 Select Songs of Praise for Evangelistic Services, Church and Sunday School
337 Serenity Service Songbook Third Edition
338 Soul-Stirring Songs and Hymns
339 The Silver Trumpet: for revivals, Sunday schools, conventions and general use in religious work and worship
340 Sankta Nikolao en Nederlando
341 Sing to the Lord: Hymnal
342 The Summit Choirbook
343 Sing with Ralph and Bea (Includes Many Favorites of the Radio Program "That They Might See")
344 Singing Youth
345 The Bible Hymnal
346 The Book of Hymns (A fresh anthology of favourite hymns)
347 The Family Hymnal: for the worship of God
348 Tabernacle Hymns No. 2
349 Tabernacle Hymns Number Four: a choice collection of hymns and songs for every religious use
350 Thánh Ca
351 TTT-Himnaro Cigneta
352 Tabernacle Hymns: number five
353 The Joyful Sounds of the Rose Hill Family
354 Tero kaj Ĉielo Kantu
355 Tero kaj Ĉielo Kantu Partoj I II III
356 Tero kaj Ĉielo Kantu Partoj IV V VI
357 Tero kaj Ĉielo Kantu Partoj VII VIII IX X
358 Thuma Mina: International Ecumenical Hymnbook
359 Total Praise: Songs and other worship resources for every generation
360 Treasure Songs of the Gospel
361 Tsese-Ma'heone- Nemeotȯtse (Cheyenne Spiritual Songs)
362 Tower Songs
363 The Saint Michael Hymnal: A Congregational Missal and Hymnal for the Celebration of Sung Mass in the Roman Rite
364 The Spirituals of Harry T. Burleigh
365 Triumphant Service Songs
366 Triumphant Service Songs: Utility Edition
367 The Worshiping Church
368 The Willard Hymnary
369 The Hymnary of the United Church of Canada
370 The United Methodist Hymnal
371 Uncommon Christmas Carols
372 Upper Room Worshipbook Music and Liturgies for Spiritual Formation
373 Venite Exultemus
374 Voices Found
375 Vatican II Hymnal
376 Voices: Native American Hymns and Worship Resources
377 The Voice of Thanksgiving No. 3
378 Voices of Victory
379 Welsh and English Hymns and Anthems (Reformatted)
380 Worship and Rejoice
381 Worship and Service Hymnal: For Church, School, and Home
382 We Turn to God
383 Wally Fowler and the Oak Ridge Quartet present Church and Radio Songs
384 Worship II, a Hymnal for Roman Catholic Parishes
385 Worship in Song: Nazarene Hymnal
386 Worship in Song: A Friends Hymnal
387 (Witness Lee’s) Hymns
388 Wonder, Love, and Praise: a supplement to the Hymnal 1982
389 Worship and Song
390 Worship Him, We Have Come Into This House To
391 With One Voice
392 World Renowned Hymns
393 World Revival Hymns
394 Worship Supplement
395 The Willcutt's Sunrise Devotional Hymns
396 The Worshipbook: Services and Hymns
397 Worship Together
398 Worship the Lord: Hymnal of the Church of God
399 Youth Favorites: Gospel Songs and Choruses
400 Young People's Songs of Praise
401 Zion still Sings

Haruo
Site Admin

Collecting Esperanto hymnals

Postby Haruo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:58 pm

The 25 items in boldface are the ones in Esperanto, if I caught them all.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:13 pm

You must have an extra bedroom, or a good sized basement.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:26 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Last night I also got item #402, a new little shapenote tunebook called The Dayton Harmonist. I've already set Esperanto texts to two of its tunes, one of which I think I can display here. The book consists of songs composed, co-composed, or arranged by the late John Bayer, an Old Brethren type Baptist from, I think, Michigan. He died suddenly and unexpectedly at the age of 62 last year, and this is a memorial compilation dedicated to his family and his memory.

I have set my Esperanto version of "My Jesus, I love Thee", lightly revised, to Bayer's Symyadda, and a paraphrase of part of 1 Corinthians to his Tinkling Brass: Image

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Here's the other one: Image

Haruo
Site Admin

I am overcooked for the Holidays

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:41 pm

Enthralled by the Sidney Blumenthal Quartet on Lincoln. Spotreading chapters of Volumes I and II now. Chapters on Lincolnd as a Reader, the chapter on John C. Calhoun and the Mormon Nauvoo City Joe Smith, and the Know Nothings are rivetting. The last four pages of Volume One Biblical Literature.

I can see why my friend Vernon Burton, FU 69, Clemson history proff emeritus called Lincoln not only America's greatest President, but the Greatest American theologian of the 19th Century!

And Tom Corts best product of his 20 years at Samford, ERic Motley has new book, Madison Park. Comes with endorsing blurbs by Laura Bush, Louis Gates the Harvard Beer Party Negro who showed Oprah her DNA; and Yale of Princeton's Stephen Carter.

Released in Bham two days ago. Corts widow was present. Ive seen a copy, Have a personal copy on the way.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: I am overcooked for the Holidays

Postby KeithE » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:33 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:38 am

What is "Yale of Princeton"?? As a Yalie whose books are being courted by Princeton, I need to know!

Haruo
Site Admin

Right now I'm reading

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:10 am

Blue bird, Bluebird about Race in East Texas and a murder

Lincoln quartet by Blumenthal

Reviewing Madison Park by Eric Motley for my blog

Dot Day World Will Be Saved by Beauty by Kathleen Hennessy

Book on Minor League Baseball

Steve Oney's Prtraits, a Man's World

And one on How to be a Carpenter
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Right now I'm reading

Postby Rvaughn » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:08 pm

Is the one on How to be a Carpenter religious?

Haruo
Site Admin

Next

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum