[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - The People’s Platform

The People’s Platform

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

The People’s Platform

Postby KeithE » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: The People’s Platform

Postby David Flick » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:27 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:24 am

Tinfoil hats anyone's?
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:46 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:26 pm

Well, so much for William's call for tinfoil hats, and David's exclamation that Keith couldn't document with credible data just two of the "happier countries" who do all 8 things listed by the "People's Platform." William needs to tip his tinfoil hat to Keith's research. And David only asked for two countries :lol: so Keith gives him at least thirteen that rank ahead of the US :lol: . Oh, and the data is certainly credible.

I think the Canadians are always a bit more understated and perhaps polite when it comes to comparisons between their health care system, which is essentially a socialized, single payer, government administrated plan they ironically call "Medicare". In almost any poll you can find, Canadians are overwhelmingly more satisfied with their health care than Americans are with ours, and you won't find one in a thousand Canadians who want what we have. On the other hand, the Canadian government has to go to great lengths to keep Americans from swamping their system, and draining their pharmacies of prescription medications.

I have a step sister who is administrator of a children's ranch in Arizona that cares for kids who are in state placement. The county hospital in their area, which treated the kids, closed about a year ago, so when she had a horseback riding accident that caused a complicated broken arm, she couldn't afford the follow up surgery at one of the area private hospitals, so she went to one in Mexico. Turns out it was a very clean, well equipped facility, government operated, with a top notch orthopedic surgeon who had a lot of American patients. Most of the patients there were Americans, who sought care there after the county hospital closed, because they could afford it, and they couldn't get in the door without insurance in the other hospitals in the county.

The US could do this, and it could figure out how to do it better than Norway or Sweden.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:41 am

Vermont and CA were/are doing a single payer system. How's that going?

The tinfoil hats are for those who think this can be done. Didn't see a total price tag. We'll worry about paying for it later.

But hey, elect folks and do it.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:41 am

Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby KeithE » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:41 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:09 pm

Why did the ca and vt proposals get dropped? (Not sure if cA is still active)

I've never been too keen on the happiness indexes. Don't think they mean much.

But I do wish you guys would get happier.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:55 pm

I already know. Apparently you don't. You brought them up...figured you knew what you were writing about.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:52 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:44 am

Do either of the collectivists know? Apparently not.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:18 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:30 am

...concerns about cost, financing. Eureka. Thanks. Sometimes a simple answer is all that is needed.

I'd be happy for VT or CA to blaze the trail here and see how it goes.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:51 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:59 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:03 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:53 am

Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby William Thornton » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:17 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Here's as far as you can go on this: you can say that you are insulted to be called a 'mod/lib' but you can't say that I use it as an insult, which identifes part of your problem - believing that you know others' state-of-mind.

If I wanted to insult you I have the vocabulary do so...but I don't wish to insult you.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:31 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues