[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Ellin Jimmerson

Ellin Jimmerson

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Ellin Jimmerson

Postby Haruo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:25 am

If you're on Facebook, you might learn a thing or two by following , especially on matters of immigration law and policy. I think she used to be in some ministerial role at Keith's church. If she has a sacred cow, I haven't identified it yet.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Ellin Jimmerson

Postby William Thornton » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:37 am

Used to be Keith's neighbor, I believe.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:15 am

Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:19 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:24 am

Ellin Jimmerson performed the first or one of the first same-sex marriages in Alabama. I don't know the outcome, but the Association at least considered putting the church of which she was a member (not pastor) out of the association. If Weatherly Heights in Huntsville is Keith's church, then you are correct about the connection.
Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:26 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:32 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:51 pm

From Jimmerson web-site: The time has come to pay it forward.

Those of us who were ever poor white, African American, Asian American, Middle Eastern American, German American, Irish American, indigenous from anywhere, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Mormon, Pentecostal, atheist, LGBTQ, or a woman

and someone who was not poor white, African American, Asian American, Middle Eastern American, German American, Irish American, indigenous from anywhere, LGBTQ, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Mormon, Pentecostal, atheist, a day laborer, or a woman actively worked to change the system which was oppressing us:

it is time for us to try to change the system which is oppressing undocumented people and others today.

Hooray!!!! I didn't know it until just now. I am a VICTIM and therefore entitled to everything I can get my hands on from government right on down to lowly-retired day laborer SPLC-protected humanoid. I wonder if she will be the one to baptize the first child delivered to the same-sex couple she married-up in Alabama.
Jim

If Flick were an Organization the SPLC

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:36 pm

Would designate him as a Hate Group, He and Jim and justifiably :brick: :brick: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

Rachel Maddow did her homework and last night revisited some Sept 2013 investigative journalism on the Heritage Foundation and Trey Gowdy. HF of Redeemer PreZ PCA on Paris Mtn just outside the Furman gates where Cliff Barrows used to live ginned up the Alt Right refashioning of White Nationalism.

HF MADE Trey Gowdy. That's the conversation at the SHJ facebook wall today re Billy Graham's congregation at FBC Spartanburg.

Without HF Gowdy never woulda defeated Republican Bob Inglis a few years ago in a primary when Inglis tried to move toward the Center.

Inglis was on panel with MTP's Chuck Todd at Furman last Thursday.

Clemson trustee Chair David Wilkins is aware and they all know I graduated from Furman and am a native of Gaffney.

So stay tuned. I got their home phone numbers, metaphorically speaking and this conversation is about to begin in earnest, there and FBC Gardendale and the Albert Lee Smith, Kris Kobach network. Jimmerson is whining in the wind while some of us are playing real politik wise as a serpent for the Kingdom's Sake

Watch the news coming out of NBC Convo in Atlanta next week.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Gaffney Represents on the Brooklyn Bridge

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:49 pm

With video facebook friends tell me right now Chip Masters whose grandmother was a legendary Elementary School principal in Blacksburg SC is marching on the Brooklyn Bridge with a brass band with signs that say Dreamers Make America Great.

Chips Mother Diane was HS classmate of Susan Clary, now the wife of David Wilkins, former speaker of the House for SC and former chair of Clemson trustees, in Senator Lindsey Graham's inner circle.

Its gametime in America again.

Game On Donnie Trump, Game ON!!!!!!!!

Game on Billy Gee, Trey Gowdy and the Alt Right Heritage Foundation,

Game ON!!!!!!!

Stephen Fox

Postby Haruo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:28 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:27 am

Haruo, you have to take into consideration that the comments came from Jim, who filtered them from what he read on a website. There's no link or attribution to a specific quote or statement (there never is) so you just have to conclude he made this stuff up as he went along.

Actually, this looks like something worth watching.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:35 pm

No, Sandy, I can easily see her posting that series of partial paragraphs, but I don't see in it what Jim claims to see in it. He sees "entitlement" I guess where I see "Let my people go".

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: If Flick were an Organization the SPLC

Postby Jim » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Jim

Postby Jim » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:58 pm

Jim

Postby Sandy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:26 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 am

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:25 am

More on Ellin. She has never seemed very interested in theological or Christian living subjects, tended toward the political (as do I).

When the Jimmersons moved in 2 houses away from us about 25 years ago, Ann (my great wife) and I would often go walking with her in the evenings (Al her husband was working late - he was and is still a busy lawyer). She never seemed interested in talking religious subjects (nature of bible, soteriology, ethics, even the “Baptist Battles” that was in full swing at that time) - interested mostly in political subjects like immigration and redoing the Alabama Constitution (she was a big fan of Wayne Flynt as I remember).

I was briefly in a SS class she started (may be 20 years ago); she seemed to change the SS material (it might have been S&H) into immigration subjects; when I tried to change it to something more inline with the material, she resisted and I left the class after after about 6 weeks. At the time I was not really interested in immigration politics.

I really have not talked with her much for the last 10 years (but my wife did her books for her, related the the Second Cooler).

Their daughter (Leigh Ann) died about 10 years ago in a car accident at the age of 15, ironically and sadly run over by a car driven by a police-fleeing illegal immigrant that happened to be on her payroll for translating interviews during the making of the Second Cooler. Leign Ann was an outstanding youth, by all accounts. I cannot assess what that has done to Ellin, but she and her husband have met with the driver and reportedly have cried with him.

She has a fire for politics, that is for sure. I tried to get her involved in my efforts to get Rocky Anderson on the AL ballot (during the 2012 elections). She was not interested, she favored Jill Stein. Al said he would help but thought it was hopeless (he was right - I needed 5000 signatures and only got about 700 as I remember). Ellin felt like Obama was a traitor to what he ran on in 2008 - I agreed with her there.

These days Ellin is helping her friend Linda Meigs run for state representative (I had mistakenly said Linda was running against Mo Brooks for US Rep in our district). Linda is great, a retired French teacher and very good speaker. She also goes to our church. Al Jimmerson knows Doug Jones (a US Attorney) who will run against the Judge Moore/Luther Strange winner for Jeff Sessions Senate position. I need to get involved in both of those campaigns - many of my best friends are getting involved in both. I’m too busy running the Discovery Center and helping my daughter by homeschooling her son Elijah while she in not able to do so. Read Prayer Requests.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Waiting on Jimmerson to reply

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:22 am

I linked Keith's testimony to Ellin's facebook page. Waiting on her reply.

Meanwhile Keith if you are coming through Collinsville for a day trip to the NB Covenant in Atlanta next weekend, would love to hitch a ride over.

Stephen Fox

Re: Waiting on Jimmerson to reply

Postby KeithE » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:26 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:58 pm

JE Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Ed: Thanks Keith, but we will be in Louisville until at least Tuesday morning. We could make it to Atlanta by next Friday But after an all day meeting on Monday, I am not going to push to make the NBC meeting. Actually if you notice, we slowed down when we left southern California, even more after Portland. We have done all three of the major routes from Louisville to South Florida several times by car, when each of us where at SBTS.
JE Pettibone

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues