[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Antifa

Antifa

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Antfa

Postby William Thornton » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:17 am

Hmmm...Pelosi now against antifa thugs. Wonder if my mod lib friends got that memo?
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Antifa

Postby William Thornton » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:27 am

Sandy's anecdotes are fine with me. He knew kkker years ago. Big deal. I don't know of any but with 15m on the rolls there's bound to be one, same for the Methodists, etc.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:43 am

I do not believe that being Southern Baptist breeds KKK members but I do think that if you are a KKK member or sympathizer looking around for a church, you will gravitate towards a conservative church without many (or any) blacks. Many SB churches fill that bill. They will feel more comfortable there. The fact that the SBC has a racially motivated origin may also be a draw but not as much as being lilly white in the present.

Some of my own stray thoughts.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:12 am

Yeah, opinion...the SBC, all employees at every level, pastors and staff...if you find a single one who approves of the KKK, let me know.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:19 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:11 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:26 pm

While Sandy is usually very savvy on SBC inside baseball, he either misunderstands or mischaracterizes the SBC action on altright.
J
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:55 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:49 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Interesting reading the KKK discussion. I was born in the South in the 1950s, raised here, lived here all my life. I've never been personally acquainted with anyone who was a member of the Ku Klux Klan. Yes, I "know of" folks like David Duke, and it is always possible that someone I knew was a member and hid it (though I really doubt there could have been much of that). I don't think it is remotely as important as some people seem to think it is.
Rvaughn

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:37 am

Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:52 am

WILLIAM SAYS... "TDR...take a pill bro. She lost. Get over it."

To which Keith replies... "I find these sorts of putoffs offensive and would ask that you stop that."

Sandy later says to JIm... "With God, all things are possible, but I guess you don't believe that."

To which Keith replies... " "

I guess telling someone they don't believe the bible because they see things differently, politically and make a puttoff comment as Sandy did above is not offensive to Keith. I am trying to figure out if I am surprised or not.
Jon Estes

Postby William Thornton » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:37 am

Interesting...
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:46 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:58 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:03 am

And is also a must-read, with a more pro-Antifa message if you want to look at it that way.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:07 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:17 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:04 am

Jon Estes

Postby William Thornton » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:23 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:29 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:07 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:36 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:35 am

Someone was wondering about the Clergy Leadership Network that was founded back in 2003 to get rid of Bush 43. There's a lot of material on this, so here is one link: . It was partly funded by Soros money and was the "soft" version of AntiFa and made up ONLY of ministers in the beginning. It went through some sort of "evolution" and so somewhere along the way it included Laity in the battle against King George 43, probably for lack of enough funds to keep Dr. Pennybacker flying back-and-forth between Lexington, Ky., his home, and Washington, his office. It was a dismal failure, though highly endorsed by James Dunn, who also sat on its board and was a financial contributor. All this stuff is a matter of record if anyone cares to look it up. I wrote some stuff about it at the time and still laugh when I think about it. It hung around for a while after its un-success in one form or another, also a matter of record if anyone cares to look. I don't. It was a sort of creature of the NCCC, of which Pennybacker had been or maybe still was a head honcho. Nuff said as to its moral high-ground. For those wasting time, here is something I wrote at the time: .
Jim

Postby William Thornton » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:48 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues