[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Antifa

Antifa

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Antifa

Postby Jim » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:33 pm

Jim

Postby William Thornton » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:20 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:05 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:54 am

I take it that you somewhere, somehow condemn the antifa violence even though it is directed at Trump supporters? I may have missed that.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:59 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:40 pm

So, William, you're not going to condemn white supremacy or the violence it breeds because Dave started this topic?

Rhetorical question. I think you already answered it.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:31 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:48 am

Until proven otherwise, I assume that some people on all sides of every issue advocate violence as a means of getting their way. And I assume that most people on all sides of every issue do not advocate violence as a means of getting their way. So until proven otherwise, I will assume that the statement that "many" antifascists or "many" Trump supporters advocate it is an exaggeration. I'm talking about serious advocacy and support, not spontaneous off-the-cuff outbursts like half of the President's better-publicized tweets or that Professor Shortey in Florida or whatever. On the other hand, there are situations where I think otherwise has been proven, as for example in wartime, when a very large percentage of the population is prone to advocate violence against "the enemy" (and to ignore the probability that a large number of people who are not "the enemy" will be killed in the process).
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:37 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:25 pm

I purposefully and deliberately used the Nazi SA, Brownshirts, relative to the antifa because there are striking similarities. The SA was used to disrupt opposing party events and stifle 'unacceptable' speech. Now we are getting a stream of stories on the antifa along those lines, some stories are from liberals and lib outlets.

Sandy made the point that the antifa is not organized like the SA. True in that the level of organization and sponsorship is not what it was in Germany. The antifa is highly organized on the scale of the event they plan to disrupt.

Looks to me like the antifa is a colossal strategic mistake for the left, not to mention that it is unlawful and criminal.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:58 am

Sandy

Postby Jim » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:19 am

Poor Nancy Pelosi (first grandmother to be Speaker) was forced to say something about the “progressives” (party of Sanders/Clinton) the other day because AntiFa is the acknowledged “enforcer” of the progressives in abridging the right of free speech to people they don't like. These goons followed the Trump campaign relentlessly for months with their tactics of beating up on unsuspecting rally-attendees and disrupting speeches, only to see Hillary (first grandmother to run for the top enchilada) turned down by actual thinkers. In the media, they are represented by the coastal newspapers and the wing-nuts at ABC (little George), NBC (Brian Williams), and CBS (Dan Rather) and their offshoots including “experts” like Al Sharpton. The consensus of these groups regarding the prexy's visit to the flood was that Trump didn't show empathy and his wife wore the wrong type of shoes. AntiFa is the moral (or immoral) equivalent of the KKK/Black Panthers/NAACP currently acting out the collective progressive agenda having as its main objective driving Trump out of office, as if they could. The mayor of Charlottesville is on the record as saying Police Chief Al Thomas, first black police chief in the city's history and hired last year, told him to just “stay out of my way.” This allowed the carnage as the police were told to stand down while the beatings took place. The chief may be on his way out, justifiably, but the mayor was a coward.
Jim

Postby William Thornton » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:50 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:12 am

Violence is wrong from all the groups. I was reading one of the Alt-Right complainers who said that counter-protesters attacked him after he sprayed them with pepper spray. Who in this case started the attack?
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:02 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:35 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:29 am

TDR...take a pill bro. She lost. Get over it.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:08 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:39 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:02 pm

Definition of white supremacy (Merriam-Webster 11th Edition): a doctrine based on a belief in the inherent superiority of the white race over other races and the correlative necessity for the subordination of nonwhites to whites in all relationships.

Definition of black supremacy (Wikipedia): Black supremacy or black supremacism is a racial supremacist belief that black people are superior to people of other races. The term has been used by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), an American legal advocacy organization, to describe several fringe religious groups in the United States.

Somewhere between these extremes is where we all live, whether or not we admit it. There's a streak of racism in all of us whether or not we admit it. Black supremacists see what they conceive of as a battle between the vast majority (whites) and themselves, no matter how hard both groups try to reach common ground, usually by a lot of talk and little else except for governmental mandates (especially in the 50s-60s), which have helped a few blacks but not the majority. The differences are inherently in place and harmony is an impossibility. All the greeting-eating-meetings will not change inborn differences.

White supremacists see the entitlement programs of the above as encroaching upon their own rights, sometimes justifiably, but it's the traditional/cultural atrocities that set them off. For instance, the notion that men can marry each other legally represents an anomaly to human nature, not to mention the religious aspect, that to white supremacists (me, too) is unthinkable and connotes a filth that condemns the society. Inherently, most people, white or black, see this as proof that the nation is spiraling downward, as is the case in Europe. So, the objective is simply for both groups to understand their differences (diversity-worship a damnable approach by definition) and adopt friendship/good-will as a goal but mutual tolerance as vital.
Jim

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:28 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:43 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin