[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Falwell Liberty Grads Returning Diplomas

Falwell Liberty Grads Returning Diplomas

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Falwell Liberty Grads Returning Diplomas

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:38 pm

I may attempt to join their facebook wall

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 6b13016483
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Falwell Liberty Grads Returning Diplomas

Postby John Sneed » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:56 pm

I am a Liberty graduate (BSc Ed, '94). I will not surprise any of you that I am very happy with my diploma and won't be sending it anywhere.

John Sneed
John Sneed

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Sending back your diploma sounds like numskullery to me. The pocket book is where the attention lies. (Not that I have any interest in getting their attention, just thinking this is foolish.)
Rvaughn

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:56 am

Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby Sandy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:22 am

Given the way that Liberty's leadership typically responds to any kind of opposition, I'd say that those returning their diplomas got exactly what they were aiming at. Regardless of how many there are, and as time passes, there will be more as long as Liberty continues to sully its name by its leadership's continued support for an evil, corrupt president, they've made exactly the point they intended to make. It is inconsistent to claim to be preaching the gospel and "reaching a lost world for Christ," and at the same time, give support to a national leader who promotes giving in to the selfish human nature that is the exact opposite of Christ's message.

Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water? Can a fig tree, my brothers, bear olives, or a grapevine produce produce figs? Neither can a salt pond yield fresh water.
Sandy

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:20 am

Jon Estes

Postby Sandy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:31 am

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:19 am

Among my 2800+ FB friends I only know of two Liberty grads, both Esperantists. Both say that they have made public statements criticizing Falwell for his support of Trump, but neither intends to return his diploma. fwiw
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:31 am

Rvaughn

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:42 pm

Jon Estes

Postby Haruo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:34 am

Back off a bit, both of you. I don't know what JFJ means and I'm guessing cocktails are coattails, but both of you, chill, kay?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:50 am

Jon Estes

Postby Sandy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:31 am

Sandy

Return to SBC News and Trends