[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Till nothing is left...

Till nothing is left...

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Till nothing is left...

Postby Jon Estes » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:40 am

There seems to be a movement to remove any and all things that some people find offensive. The list is getting longer...

A cross
10 Commandments
Student reading a Bible in school
A police officer telling someone to stop
Saying Merry Christmas
A statue of someone whose ideology is/was different than theirs

The list is much longer but I think you can get what I am conveying.

There is also a movement (my term) to push certain negative moral ideologies on others even if they find it offensive. The list is getting longer...

Same sex weddings
Christ out of the public square
Free everything (except that which has Christ values)
Open borders

If there is not a positive moral adjustment in American thinking and acting, the America I knew will no longer be.

Our history, though tainted with sinful actions, needs to be remembered and as we grow older we need to always be adjusting to becoming a better nation. To make such adjustment there needs to be a standard. Right now, it seems the USA does not know what the standard is... if there is one...

Where will all this lead?

Scared for my G-Kids.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Re: Till nothing is left...

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:26 am

A move to rid our society of certain things that are offensive to some people.
A move to incorporate into our society certain things that are offensive to some people.

Hmm. A well-developed agenda? Perhaps?
Rvaughn

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:39 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:36 am

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:12 am

Jon Estes

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:04 am

Jim

Postby Haruo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:00 am

Well, just for the record, I'm closer to Dave on most of this than to Jon and Jim. We/I will see what comes of it if we live long enough, and if not we can watch the reruns across the river.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:08 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:45 am

Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:09 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:02 pm

DR: Jim, I guess you subscribe only to individualism in ethics and social measures. If that is your direction, so be it. Go ahead and remove Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Amos, Hosea, and Malachi from your Bible since you don't believe what they say.

Of course, I do, and so do you, guessing or not. I'm responsible for only my thinking/behavior. I don't subscribe to the collective mores of this country or to that of thousands of churches. I decide the nature of my ethics and how it affects social measures, or attempts to effect social measures. My individual psyche will make me function within that context, as per my determined Ethic (as long as I don't adversely impact other people). I'll take a pass on the Bible destruction since I haven't the faintest idea of what you mean by that undertaking. Some folks in this forum have already removed part of or all of Genesis, so what else is new?
Jim

I have a tee shirt that says

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:47 pm

" Jesus and the Confederate Flag, Removed from our Schools but not from our Hearts"

I was about to wear it to Patriots Park in Collinsville Alabama yesterday between the Lyberry and the RR Tracks but nobody was there so I joined the Party at City Hall.

But I never put the tee on.

In my Mind, Eclipse, (get it?) it was a political statement that woulda meant a lot to me but woulda confused a lot of other people.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Sandy and Jon Estes

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:49 pm

You could learn a little from Harvey's Moses, Jesus and the Trickster, but I imagine you are too proud to give it a shot. I'm humble enough to say I learned a good bit from it.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Sandy and Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:42 pm

Jon Estes

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues