Alternative Facts

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: KeithE

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby William Thornton » Tue May 30, 2017 9:02 am

Oh, come on Sandy. Your gal lost. Get over it. Weakest candidate since who knows when. Pathetic.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11771
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby Sandy » Tue May 30, 2017 9:30 am

Has nothing to do with the election. The facts that are coming out are real, it's the trump supporters who are living in denial and fantasyland, though an increasing number seem to be coming around to the real world.

Putting it off on Hillary, or on angst over the election, or on Bill who has been out of office 17 years now, is just denial, though by now, it is the kind of thing I expect to hear from evangelical Christians. I doubt many Republicans would listen to the "fair and square" jabber, or just sit around if Hillary's campaign staffers had been engaging in conversations with Russian intel agents months before the election, and can you imagine the holy horror we would be hearing about it if Obama had a son-in-law that was negotiating back door channels with some Muslim country, or even with the Russians, prior to being elected. There was too much sniping and snide, rude commentary from conservatives on this board during the Obama administration for anyone to wag their teacher finger about the growing mountain of evidence against an already proven pathological liar like Trump. Don't be hypocritical about it, it diminishes your argument and your credibility.
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8131
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby KeithE » Tue May 30, 2017 9:39 am

William Thornton wrote:Oh, come on Sandy. Your gal lost. Get over it. Weakest candidate since who knows when. Pathetic.

Very tired excuse and accusation. The whole Russian meddling, etc. deserves attention by all even Trump defenders. Not sure where it will end up, but Mueller may get to the bottom of it.

Meanwhile Trumps’s character:
previous business scandals
494 lies in 100 days
fake news activities
delusions
mental illness
and his brazen arrogance (should be apparent to all)

and his policies:
tax plan that incredibly favors the rich
2018 budget is both phony and cruel
and his extreme nationalism (should be apparent to all)

deserve even more attention.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8363
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby KeithE » Tue May 30, 2017 9:42 am

Jon Estes wrote:
Sandy wrote:Sorry, William, but the standard has changed with the Donald buffoon at the helm. He's made the Clintons look like Sunday School teachers.


Now we know how far off the rocker you have fallen.

Your level of your presentation of what you believe is close to those who believe Bush was responsible for 9/11.

Sad.

That’s a complement!

40 Reasons to Doubt the Official Story

and for the technically capable:
Click and read the orange texts
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8363
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby William Thornton » Tue May 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Something is amiss here...
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11771
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby KeithE » Tue May 30, 2017 5:49 pm

William Thornton wrote:Something is amiss here...

What is amiss is William's closed-mindedness. Every link I gave in my last two posts are worth reading in detail. He (or anyone) would learn plenty. But William refuses to respond as if he read any of them but yet insinuates I’m (and maybe Sandy) are “amiss”. I’d say he is “missing” in these discussions.

Read and engage in a substantive rebuttal (if you are so called). Else stay quiet.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8363
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby William Thornton » Tue May 30, 2017 7:22 pm

"Something" isn't the same as "someone."

If this forum isn't much of a place for substantive discussion, and it's not since Jim exited except for a few folks in the same choir, maybe you ought to consider what might be amiss.

Uh, you aren't in a position to tell anyone here to "stay quiet" bro.

Give it some thought.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
User avatar
William Thornton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11771
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:30 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby David Flick » Tue May 30, 2017 7:33 pm

William Thornton wrote:"Something" isn't the same as "someone."

If this forum isn't much of a place for substantive discussion, and it's not since Jim exited except for a few folks in the same choir, maybe you ought to consider what might be amiss.

Uh, you aren't in a position to tell anyone here to "stay quiet" bro.

Give it some thought.

    Great big AMEN! to that...
User avatar
David Flick
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8414
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:55 pm
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby KeithE » Tue May 30, 2017 9:54 pm

William Thornton wrote:"Something" isn't the same as "someone."

If this forum isn't much of a place for substantive discussion, and it's not since Jim exited except for a few folks in the same choir, maybe you ought to consider what might be amiss.

Uh, you aren't in a position to tell anyone here to "stay quiet" bro.

Give it some thought.


And the “something" that is missing is your common courtesy in debate to read and think about your foil's points.

I said read my stuff and reply substantively as if you actually read it, ELSE "stay quiet" with the non-substantive put-downs. Of course that is only a recommendation not a warning. If you start saying watch out for some AL rednecks with guns, that would warrant a warning.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8363
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby Sandy » Tue May 30, 2017 9:59 pm

William Thornton wrote:Oh, come on Sandy. Your gal lost. Get over it. Weakest candidate since who knows when. Pathetic.


Sandy: You keep saying that. Its almost word for word one of the Donald's tweets. And it's never accompanied by a single substantiated fact.

[William: I meant to reply to Sandy but hit "edit" instead of "quote" and in the process deleted some of Sandy's comment here. My mistake and I apologize for it. I don't think I can undo the error.]
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8131
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby KeithE » Tue May 30, 2017 10:04 pm

Sandy wrote: But I think a reckoning is on the way.


I hope you are right, but I'm more doubtful than you.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8363
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby KeithE » Tue May 30, 2017 10:34 pm

David Flick wrote:
William Thornton wrote:"Something" isn't the same as "someone."

If this forum isn't much of a place for substantive discussion, and it's not since Jim exited except for a few folks in the same choir, maybe you ought to consider what might be amiss.

Uh, you aren't in a position to tell anyone here to "stay quiet" bro.

Give it some thought.

    Great big AMEN! to that...


At least you put some effort into responses David. Not exclusively un-substantive put-downs; just scientifiically wrong.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8363
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby Jon Estes » Wed May 31, 2017 2:55 am

Sandy wrote:Oh, come on, Jon, get over yourself. Trump's immorality and lying are open, and even he doesn't deny most of it. Any references to Bill Clinton, or even Hillary at this point is nothing but a distraction from what is really going on. Trump wins a corruption contest hands down, going away. Not that it matters. The Clintons aren't involved any more.

I hear the desert sun and heat has an affect on your thinking.


Since you say Hillary and Bills history are no longer a concern, then the moral history of Trump should be dismissed but that won't happen because you need the narrative... Unless you know something if recent happenings. Didn't think so.

Please tell us what politician has not lied. Please let us know you were just as adamant about past presidents lies are you are about the lists being kept (which I don't think are accurate) now.

I think it is safe to say buffoonery is real on the left, maybe more than on the right.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
User avatar
Jon Estes
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby Jon Estes » Wed May 31, 2017 3:05 am

Sandy wrote:Has nothing to do with the election. The facts that are coming out are real, it's the trump supporters who are living in denial and fantasyland, though an increasing number seem to be coming around to the real world.

I doubt many Republicans would listen to the "fair and square" jabber, or just sit around if Hillary's campaign staffers had been engaging in conversations with Russian intel agents months before the election, and can you imagine the holy horror we would be hearing about it if Obama had a son-in-law that was negotiating back door channels with some Muslim country, or even with the Russians, prior to being elected.


It seems you are using a hypothetical Obama son-in-law to refer to Kushner. Please tell me if the reported incident of back door channels being discussed was during the campaign or transition time. If it was prior to being elected, then show the source. If it was after being elected then someone on this forum is telling a bold face lie. I guess it is OK to call someone on this forum a liar, if they are lying... since it is a term which some love to use towards their President.

WASHINGTON (AP) - Smart diplomacy or inappropriate and possibly illegal?
Jared Kushner's reported attempt to establish a "back-channel" line of communication between Russia and Donald Trump's presidential transition team is proving divisive, even if such talks aren't unusual.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/art ... z4idcC787F
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Last edited by Jon Estes on Wed May 31, 2017 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
User avatar
Jon Estes
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby Jon Estes » Wed May 31, 2017 3:06 am

KeithE wrote:
William Thornton wrote:Oh, come on Sandy. Your gal lost. Get over it. Weakest candidate since who knows when. Pathetic.

Very tired excuse and accusation. The whole Russian meddling, etc. deserves attention by all even Trump defenders. Not sure where it will end up, but Mueller may get to the bottom of it.

Meanwhile Trumps’s character:
previous business scandals
494 lies in 100 days
fake news activities
delusions
mental illness
and his brazen arrogance (should be apparent to all)

and his policies:
tax plan that incredibly favors the rich
2018 budget is both phony and cruel
and his extreme nationalism (should be apparent to all)

deserve even more attention.


Got to build a foundation for the conspiracy, I see.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
User avatar
Jon Estes
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby Jon Estes » Wed May 31, 2017 3:09 am

KeithE wrote:
Jon Estes wrote:
Sandy wrote:Sorry, William, but the standard has changed with the Donald buffoon at the helm. He's made the Clintons look like Sunday School teachers.


Now we know how far off the rocker you have fallen.

Your level of your presentation of what you believe is close to those who believe Bush was responsible for 9/11.

Sad.

That’s a complement!

40 Reasons to Doubt the Official Story

and for the technically capable:
Click and read the orange texts


This comment sets the tone for any other discussion. Glad I could give you a compliment, even though few would see it that way.

Once a conspiracy theorist, always a theory conspiracy theorist. It taints everything else you say.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
User avatar
Jon Estes
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby Jon Estes » Wed May 31, 2017 3:13 am

David Flick wrote:
William Thornton wrote:"Something" isn't the same as "someone."

If this forum isn't much of a place for substantive discussion, and it's not since Jim exited except for a few folks in the same choir, maybe you ought to consider what might be amiss.

Uh, you aren't in a position to tell anyone here to "stay quiet" bro.

Give it some thought.

    Great big AMEN! to that...


Wish we could give a"like" to a comment like we can on FB. You and Williams comment would get a dozen or so from me.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
User avatar
Jon Estes
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Alternative Facts

Postby David Flick » Wed May 31, 2017 4:59 am

David Flick wrote:
William Thornton wrote:"Something" isn't the same as "someone."

If this forum isn't much of a place for substantive discussion, and it's not since Jim exited except for a few folks in the same choir, maybe you ought to consider what might be amiss.

Uh, you aren't in a position to tell anyone here to "stay quiet" bro.

Give it some thought.

    Great big AMEN! to that...

    Jon Estes wrote:Wish we could give a"like" to a comment like we can on FB. You and Williams comment would get a dozen or so from me.

        Thanks, Jon. Incidentally, there is a version of the "Like" emoji in the Smilies box over to the right in the "Reply" mode.

        I'll give you a "Like" for each of your 5 posts above. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    User avatar
    David Flick
    Site Admin
     
    Posts: 8414
    Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:55 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City, OK

    Re: Alternative Facts

    Postby William Thornton » Wed May 31, 2017 6:46 am

    KeithE wrote:
    William Thornton wrote:"Something" isn't the same as "someone."

    If this forum isn't much of a place for substantive discussion, and it's not since Jim exited except for a few folks in the same choir, maybe you ought to consider what might be amiss.

    Uh, you aren't in a position to tell anyone here to "stay quiet" bro.

    Give it some thought.


    And the “something" that is missing is your common courtesy in debate to read and think about your foil's points.

    I said read my stuff and reply substantively as if you actually read it, ELSE "stay quiet" with the non-substantive put-downs. Of course that is only a recommendation not a warning. If you start saying watch out for some AL rednecks with guns, that would warrant a warning.


    I always watch out for rednecks with guns, and you should too. I bought a newspaper yesterday at a convenience store in my town and there were two guys who hijacked a spot at one of the gas pumps to put a new Confederate flag wrap on their old junker of a car. There are some odd characters around, probably more in Alabama than here.
    My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
    User avatar
    William Thornton
    Site Admin
     
    Posts: 11771
    Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:30 pm
    Location: Atlanta

    Re: Alternative Facts

    Postby Sandy » Wed May 31, 2017 8:38 am

    Jon Estes wrote:
    KeithE wrote:
    William Thornton wrote:Oh, come on Sandy. Your gal lost. Get over it. Weakest candidate since who knows when. Pathetic.

    Very tired excuse and accusation. The whole Russian meddling, etc. deserves attention by all even Trump defenders. Not sure where it will end up, but Mueller may get to the bottom of it.

    Meanwhile Trumps’s character:
    previous business scandals
    494 lies in 100 days
    fake news activities
    delusions
    mental illness
    and his brazen arrogance (should be apparent to all)

    and his policies:
    tax plan that incredibly favors the rich
    2018 budget is both phony and cruel
    and his extreme nationalism (should be apparent to all)

    deserve even more attention.


    Got to build a foundation for the conspiracy, I see.


    Trump laid the foundation long before he ran for president. You can think what you like, and ignore facts from where you are all the way across Africa and the Atlantic, the facts are already laid out in front of the CIA and FBI, and congressional and senate Republicans, especially those up for re-election in 2018, are pushing this forward, and accelerating the speed. I'm kicking back to watch the show. Conversations about it with Trump supporters of your ilk are pointless, because getting your way politically matters more than truth, and partisan loyalty comes before country. It's a shame, because what credibility conservative Evangelicals ever had will be lost. This isn't going away, and it is already well beyond any kind of "partisan witch hunt."
    Sandy
    Sandy
     
    Posts: 8131
    Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
    Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania

    Re: Alternative Facts

    Postby William Thornton » Wed May 31, 2017 8:43 am

    Sandy, I screwed up a comment of yours above by mistake. See the note.

    I try to just screw up my own stuff but erred on this one.
    My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
    User avatar
    William Thornton
    Site Admin
     
    Posts: 11771
    Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:30 pm
    Location: Atlanta

    Re: Alternative Facts

    Postby KeithE » Wed May 31, 2017 2:45 pm

    Jon Estes wrote:
    KeithE wrote:
    William Thornton wrote:Oh, come on Sandy. Your gal lost. Get over it. Weakest candidate since who knows when. Pathetic.

    Very tired excuse and accusation. The whole Russian meddling, etc. deserves attention by all even Trump defenders. Not sure where it will end up, but Mueller may get to the bottom of it.

    Meanwhile Trumps’s character:
    previous business scandals
    494 lies in 100 days
    fake news activities
    delusions
    mental illness
    and his brazen arrogance (should be apparent to all)

    and his policies:
    tax plan that incredibly favors the rich
    2018 budget is both phony and cruel
    and his extreme nationalism (should be apparent to all)

    deserve even more attention.


    Got to build a foundation for the conspiracy, I see.

    And what conspiracy would that be?
    Informed by Data.
    Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
    Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
    http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
    User avatar
    KeithE
    Site Admin
     
    Posts: 8363
    Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
    Location: Huntsville, AL

    Re: Alternative Facts

    Postby KeithE » Wed May 31, 2017 2:48 pm

    William Thornton wrote:Sandy, I screwed up a comment of yours above by mistake. See the note.

    I try to just screw up my own stuff but erred on this one.

    Thanks for screwing up. All the links about Trump's character and policies do deserve more BL time!

    Overkill for sure but good documentation.
    Informed by Data.
    Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
    Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
    http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
    User avatar
    KeithE
    Site Admin
     
    Posts: 8363
    Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
    Location: Huntsville, AL

    Re: Alternative Facts

    Postby KeithE » Wed May 31, 2017 2:57 pm

    KeithE wrote:
    Sandy wrote: But I think a reckoning is on the way.


    I hope you are right, but I'm more doubtful than you.

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/31/politics/ ... index.html

    Some hope for an Obstruction of Justice charge in the story above.

    I'm sitting in IKEA near Memphis with only cell phone waiting for the wives to finish shopping, else I'd say more.
    Informed by Data.
    Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
    Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
    http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
    User avatar
    KeithE
    Site Admin
     
    Posts: 8363
    Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
    Location: Huntsville, AL

    Re: Alternative Facts

    Postby Sandy » Wed May 31, 2017 3:35 pm

    KeithE wrote:
    Sandy wrote: But I think a reckoning is on the way.


    I hope you are right, but I'm more doubtful than you.


    Nothing in government is ever predictable. But the fact that the Republicans are in charge of both houses, and both intel committees, and would have certainly shut this thing down if it were nothing but "a witch hunt" or something politically motivated by the Democrats, is an indication of the level and scope of the evidence that has been gathered so far. Republican committee members are confirming what the "mainstream media" is reporting. The Republican congressman in my district, who admittedly has never been a Trump supporter, and who has been shell shocked by the size and volume of the crowds at his town halls in support of keeping the ACA and against "Repeal and Replace", has spoken about principle over party. There are plenty of Republicans who don't like Trump, and if the evidence is as condemning as it seems to be, they'll do what's right.
    Sandy
    Sandy
     
    Posts: 8131
    Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
    Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania

    Previous

    Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

    cron