[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Where are the forum rules posted?

Where are the forum rules posted?

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Where are the forum rules posted?

Postby Rvaughn » Mon May 15, 2017 9:12 am

Rvaughn

Re: Where are the forum rules posted?

Postby Rvaughn » Mon May 15, 2017 10:17 am

Well, I guess none answered because they thought I was stupid. I see now that there is a link in the pink bar below the forum and moderator's name in "Baptist Faith & Practice." But, interestingly enough, it does not appear (at least not on my computer) in the "Politics and Public Policy Issues" forum.

Thanks.
Rvaughn

Postby William Thornton » Mon May 15, 2017 11:02 am

The paragraph you quoted is the generic one from the software creators, I believe. Generally the mods here act collaboratively on banning (it's rare) but not always on warnings.

Although, we discussed the current case privately, I wish to disassociate myself from Keith's squabble with Jim. I think my old friend is now slandering Jim while defending himself. Better to give the benefit of the doubt especially when the alleged offender denies malicious intent.

We all have less than stellar days. Perhaps Keith is having several consecutively...might be time to put the shovel down.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Mon May 15, 2017 11:41 am

Thanks, William. My question came out of Ed's post, which was continued in posts about Keith's squabble with Jim (which, imo, was much ado about nothing). But I was legitimately interested in finding out what the rules are since they were being discussed (that is, that there is a # 2 implies there is a # 1, etc.). I don't recall having ever read them, which I subsequently found here:

Sometimes my mind runs in neutral while trying to go uphill, so I guess I made it much harder to find the rules than they actually were.
Rvaughn

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon May 15, 2017 8:35 pm

While I still have admin powers on BL.com I don't exercise them for the simple reason that I'm no longer a Baptist.

I also do not associate myself with the current argument between Keith and Jim. I think everyone needs to calm down. No one was really threatening anyone's life, as far as I can tell. I know Keith is trying to avoid some of the common vitriol that is part of this forum. I respect that. But I don't think this rises to that bar.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue May 16, 2017 9:52 pm

I do think it's interesting that the link to "" in the pink part of the header here is missing from the CBF, New Baptist Covenant, Politics, and Weight Loss forums. Bruce would have to be the one to fix that, I think, and I suppose he should do so.

I too dissociate myself from Keith's squabble with Jim. The moreso now that the source of the loony PA Pentecostal with a gun has been shown to be Obama.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed May 17, 2017 8:08 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum