[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Why Trump Won ... Based on Data

Why Trump Won ... Based on Data

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Why Trump Won ... Based on Data

Postby Bruce Gourley » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:34 pm

Why did Trump win? .

And economic angst is not the answer.
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Re: Why Trump Won ... Based on Data

Postby William Thornton » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:16 pm

I wouldn't argue too strongly against it...but is it the reason Hil lost? Different question.

Did you have to link the story that had the photo of the guy in a "Trump won. Suck it up buttercup" sweatshirt?
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:05 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Well, everyone's got there analysis and their spin. Most likely everything that's been mentioned--by Sanders and Warren, by Clinton herself, and this analysis, all had a bearing on how people voted. Analysis of this election is made complicated, however, by the fact that Clinton received three million more votes than the buffoon did. Had she won, a three million vote popular margin would be close to being considered a mandate. That fact gives a lot of credibility to Clinton's contentions regarding Comey, the wikileaks, and the Russian interference. The location of the electoral votes gives credence to the racism contention.

The bottom line is that five counties in three states account for the fractional percentage of votes that gave the buffoon his electoral vote margin. A swing of just a half a percent the other direction, fewer than 100,000 votes out of the more than 10 million cast in those three states, made the difference. So find out why those handful of voters in those five counties picked the buffoon over Clinton, and you'll have the reason why Trump won, and why Clinton lost.

Of course, had the buffoon lost the election, his reason would have been "massive voter fraud." Could be he was right. I think we'll probably know pretty soon.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:11 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:28 am

Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:38 am

Jon Estes

Postby KeithE » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:17 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:33 am

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:49 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:19 am

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:27 am

Jon Estes

Postby KeithE » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:14 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:52 am

Jon Estes

Postby KeithE » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:17 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:29 am

Sandy

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:02 am

Jon Estes

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:05 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:30 pm

The bad thing about Bruce's article is that it is a bonafide error/sin in the voters that enabled Trump to win.

Convincing those voters to flee from their errant ways is very difficult.

Economic angst can be changed by experience of worse economic angst when Trump’s march to even more corporate profits pay becomes apparent.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:45 pm

Sandy

Postby Jon Estes » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:41 am

Jon Estes

Postby Sandy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:05 pm

If you can justify health care as a privilege only for the affluent, especially from a Christian perspective, go ahead.
Sandy

Postby JE Pettibone » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:27 pm

JE Pettibone

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:57 am

Jon Estes

Postby Sandy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:11 am

Emergency room care cannot, in any way, be equated to access to the kind of health care that is available for those who are affluent enough to afford the insurance to get it. An ER isn't going to provide chemotherapy or radiation treatments for cancer, dialysis, surgery beyond what is required for the emergency, treatment for the underlying causes of a heart attack, or provide any medication beyond what is immediately needed. And a lot of for-profit hospitals are getting out of the ER business by simply closing them down.

I'm old enough to remember when hospitals that had the names of Christian groups on them actually belonged to those groups. You can pick up an old Texas Baptist Annual and look through the reports of the Baptist hospitals and easily discern, from the mission and purpose statements, what Baptists believed about health care because they were putting a lot of money into caring for those who had no other means of getting it. The names are still, for the most part, on the hospitals, and the for-profit companies that operate them even use them to self-identify, but the charitable care is gone. I developed a chronic atrial fibrillation from a viral infection in my late 20's, and had trouble getting health insurance. When I lived close enough to Nashville, because I was an ordained Baptist minister, I could get treatment and care at the Baptist Hospital there, until it was sold to a conglomerate that also bought the Catholic hospital. Fortunately, my doctor got me enrolled in a program at Vanderbilt and I got treatment that way, and when I moved back to Texas, got transferred into one at the UT Texas Medical Center. I would most likely be dead now if I had to depend solely on emergency room treatment.

If the way most conservative, right wing Christians want to handle health care in the US were applied to the Bible, I wonder what the price tag would have been on Lazarus' resurrection? Jesus could have made a fortune.
Sandy

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues