[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Shorter loses stature

Shorter loses stature

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

Shorter loses stature

Postby Haruo » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:50 am

Very interesting article about the GBC takeover at Shorter, which I ran across on a secret FB group mostly devoted to Trump-bashing.

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Shorter loses stature

Postby William Thornton » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:14 pm

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:36 pm

Last I checked the other two get $1m each.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Great nuances and perspective

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:16 am

I would disagree with Thornton this is old News. Has a lot of relevance for Trey Gowdy's Truth for a New Generation conferences in conjunction with NGU whose Tony Beam has a radio talk show that promotes Gowdyism in Upstate SC.

Thornton distorts the conversation a little to call this old news.

Nelson Price, the Grand Shorter Minder had a long piece in the Rome News Trib las October endorsing Donald Trump for President. So like Jeffress against Russ Moore, Price and Beam are "movement fundamentalists.

Here is where the panel on Booktv.org on the Benedict Option comes into question. I plan a separate conversation on that but certainly it fits for Rome and Shorter. Does Rome Ga see the world through the lens of Michael Wear and Ross Douthat, or are they Beam/Price Fundamentalists.

Kate Campbell performed at FBC Rome back in January. I was there. She stayed for Sunday school the next morning. I think she missed a great opportunity to speak to this mess as the daughter of the SBC President. Her inlaws are members of Steve Gaines FBC Gardendale she has great platform for prophetic voice on these matters, or Jim Henry's daughter could be thinking her participation in the women's March against Trump Jan 21 is all Nelson Price and Jerry Vines need to know.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist History and Heritage