[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Warning to Churches Who LIVE Broadcast Services

Warning to Churches Who LIVE Broadcast Services

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Warning to Churches Who LIVE Broadcast Services

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Rvaughn

Re: Warning to Churches Who LIVE Broadcast Services

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:35 am

I have been in a church that did live television, and we had to be careful not to show the faces of two children whose non-custodial parent had threatened to kidnap them if he ever learned where they were. It took some careful work with children's sermons.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:01 pm

We don't do live broadcast so I would have never thought of some of the issues. But, for now, mulling over it a bit makes me think the negatives of live broadcasts may outweigh any positives.
Rvaughn

Postby Mrs Haruo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:16 pm

There was a time in my life where if I knew a worship service was being televised at ALL I would be reluctant to attend. I have some definite privacy issues dating back a long time, and a couple of my female relatives have had some pretty nasty experiences with men who did not take a breaking off of a relationship well at all and there were threats of the "if I can't have you, nobody can have you" sort. It's hard to reach someone when they change their phone # several times a year and keep moving to keep away from someone who seems to predict their every move. It makes me uncomfortable when I see my photo up on our church's web page when I didn't even know anyone was taking pictures -- but in this day and age of social media I am reluctantly getting used to the idea. I had a few years when I moved several states away from a bad situation and used a mail drop because I really wanted someone OUT of my life and did not want to leave a hot trail. Nothing with the law, just someone who had a knack for saying the wrong thing and making a lot of trouble for me.
A lot of people are living difficult lives, whether it be persecution and political upheaval with families in their native land, or escaping violent alcohol or drug use and need to truly have a sanctuary where they feel safe to open up on their own time in their own way. Respect that, please.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum