[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Baptists join Women's Protest March in DC

Baptists join Women's Protest March in DC

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Baptists join Women's Protest March in DC

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:20 pm

https://baptistnews.com/article/baptist ... IfDoI-cEdV

In addition to the folks named above, Facebook and other sources name Jim Henry's Daughter Kate Campbell -- see bio at www.katecampbell.com -- , Baptist Women in Ministry Founder Eileen Campbell Reid of Carson Newman and Powell Tn, and Hillary Beard, daughter of associate pastor of FBC Guntersville, Alabama and formerly Ft Payne Alabama in the march in DC. Also Collinsville, Alabama native, now Baylor Chaplain Becky Kennedy in the Waco March.

I'm sure there were thousands of others. Some say ten thousand women from Alabama made the trip to DC. NPR reports out of Bham report three busloads left Bham and Huntsville last weekend.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Baptists join Women's Protest March in DC

Postby KeithE » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:39 pm

Three ladies from our church went. Have not heard any report.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:13 pm

One irony of some of the women's march was those who complain of Trump's loud, vulgar and obnoxious ways responding with their own loud, vulgar and obnoxious ways. An eye for an eye, I guess.
Rvaughn

Postby Mrs Haruo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:52 pm

If you had been grabbed, groped and called vulgar names all day where you worked and if you objected, were told to "lie back, spread your legs and enjoy it. After all, you volunteered, you weren't drafted!" Would you respond with white lace gloves and a quiet "Yes, dear". It happened to me and to millions of other women my age. I couldn't just go home to Mommy. I was on active duty in the US NAVY. If polite doesn't get you anywhere, sometimes you have to bring out the pitchforks and baseball bats to be heard.
:brick:
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Do some people have reasons to be angry about some things? Yes. So that justifies, for example, Ashley Judd saying Trump has wet dreams about his own daughter and Madonna wanting to blow up the White House? I don't buy it.

[Yes, I'm sure Madonna doesn't actually intend to blow up the White House, but that kind of rhetoric has consequences, just like Trump's bad rhetoric.]
Rvaughn

Postby Jon Estes » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:43 am

I am one of those who have no idea what these women were marching for.

When the bad mouthing about other women not like minded happened -I saw it was not really a march for women but a specific group of womens idealogy.

I guess if you are not like them you can't hang with them.

GO WOMEN - at least some of you...
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:13 am

Rvaughn

Novelist Tupelo Hassman Open letter to Jeff Sessions

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:55 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox