[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Hymn for the Election from Carolyn Winfrey Gillette

Hymn for the Election from Carolyn Winfrey Gillette

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Hymn for the Election from Carolyn Winfrey Gillette

Postby Haruo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Hymn for the Election from Carolyn Winfrey Gillette

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:39 am

Leland, not particularly related to your post -- only about the broader topic of hymns...

A few years ago you proposed to post occasional reviews of items on your "My Hymnal" list. I have read some of these and linked to some from my blog. I know it is a lot of work, but I think it is a good idea. I'd like to encourage you to take it up again if you can find the time.

Thanks! Have a blessed day.
Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:28 am

Thanks, Robert. Can you post links to a couple of them that you found particularly interesting or informative?

BTW there will be a postelection Sacred Harp singing (Denson I think) this evening in Seattle. This was an ad hoc announcement triggered I think by a lot of really worried local singers after the results started coming in last night. I am hoping to attend and am interested to see what songs are called. Do you have any recommendations? I just posted the text (no music) to Psalm 146 on.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:09 pm

I like to once a week or so provide links on my blog to blog posts or news article. A couple that come to mind are the ones you did on the Christian Life Hymnal and the All-American Hymnal.

Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:22 pm

Okay, would you be able to use one on the (German Baptist) North American Hymnal, and/or on the Reorganized LDS (now "Community of Christ) hymnals from 1933 through 2013?

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Yes, I think so.
Rvaughn

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:11 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:29 pm

Thanks, Robert, glad I was linkworthy. I hope to provide a couple of good reviews in 2017, inluding the one on RLDS hymnals and hymns.

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum