[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Hello from West Virginia

Hello from West Virginia

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Hello from West Virginia

Postby Willis » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:04 am

Hello all. My name is Willis...that is obvious given my username. I am 45 years old and now attend a Missionary Baptist church in the small town of Crum. I was an ordained Elder in the Old Regular Baptists(ministers are given the appellation 'Elder') until I took my membership in Crum, which is about 5 minutes from the house.

I am...

A 5 point Calvinist
Amil with leanings towards Chiliasm(historic pre-mill)
Scripture is the sole authority for life and also the church
Believe divorced/remarried(pre-salvation or wife leaves him for someone else) men should be able to preach and pastor
A partial preterist

Anything else you want to know, feel free to ask me.
"As for antichrist occupying the papal chair, it is evident that a pope living contrary to Christ, like any other perverted person, is called, by common consent, antichrist." Jan Hus
Willis

Re: Hello from West Virginia

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:32 am

Willis, we have in common that most Methodist ordained pastors are called "Elders." I am an Elder in the Iowa Conference of the UMC.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:33 am

What are your three favorite hymns?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Willis » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:57 pm

Thank you for adding me, but there is too much unsound teaching on here for me to stay. Universalism and ordaining LGBT who are actively living that lifestyle are too much for me.
"As for antichrist occupying the papal chair, it is evident that a pope living contrary to Christ, like any other perverted person, is called, by common consent, antichrist." Jan Hus
Willis

Postby Haruo » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:02 am

No problem, though I still wish I knew your favorite hymns and your answers to my quibbles on the gay stuff. You livened things up here a bit, but given your views I can see how you might want to leave.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:03 am

Please stick around Willis. We'd love to have you and it's sad to see someone come and go faster than I can even say "Howdy" :o
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:35 am

Bye bye
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:43 am

Guess I'm not surprised Willis. Fundamentalists don't really feel that comfortable here. You might try BaptistBoard. They are known for having more conservatives. You could try Christian Forums but they allow heretics like the rest of us here. So probably not a good choice unless you avoid the thread with the Methodists and the universalists in them.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:10 pm

:D I guess Bro. would not approve of me. Being a woman who cut my hair in a stylish bob like Lady Mary in Downton Abbey. Long hair was getting to be too much of a neck ache. I don't always cover my head, and when I do it's likely a "US NAVY VETERAN" ball cap instead of a little white organdy veil. I a couple of nieces who are LBGT and a daughter who is -- well, she is definitely a burning question. They would, I hope, feel welcome in my church any time.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)