[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Resurrection Tuesday service planning

Resurrection Tuesday service planning

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Resurrection Tuesday service planning

Postby Shawn Koester » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:33 am

Brothers and sisters, a few days ago, I got an email from the worship council coordinator of my seminary that invited me to preach and lead Easter service for Chapel on April 25, 2017 because chapel is held on Tuesdays and it will feature Communion. Service will start at 4:15 and end at around 4:45. My Scriptures are 1 Corinthians 5:6-8, Luke 24:13-49.

These are the hymns and choruses I can draw from based on the texts:
Hymns and Choruses
All the Earth will sing your praises
Christ the Lord is Risen Today
My Redeemer Lives
Sweetly Broken
Mighty to Save
He Lives
Amazing Love
Do You Feel the Mountains Tremble?
Jesus, Son of God
This Dust
There’ll be a Day
Glorious Unfolding
Thieves on a Cross
Cry out to Jesus
Love Has Come
All of Creation
Our God’s Alive
Every Promise of Your Word
You Never Let Go
Your Great Name
Agnus Dei
Let our Faith Be Not Alone
Psalm 62
Eat This Bread
Emmanuel
Broken
Once and For All
Made Alive
In Christ Alone
Come Let us Worship
Christ is Exalted
Better is One Day
Let the Praises Ring
Take my Life
Beautiful Scandalous Night
Apostle’s Creed
Children of God
How Deep the Father’s Love for Us
Today is the Day
Happy Day
Light of the Stable
Soon and Very Soon
Born that We May Have Life
Blessed Be Your Name
Beautiful Savior/Fairest Lord Jesus
Let God Arise
Surrender
Faithful God

I would appreciate prayers, help and suggestions because I have never crafted a service this big or important before.
Shawn Koester

Re: Resurrection Tuesday service planning

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:09 am

I will be quite interested in how you flesh this one out. I see a lot of potential in what you have offered so far. Blessings on your work.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:36 am

I will keep you in my prayers. Congratulations on being asks to lead the service!

These hymns may or may not be in your tradition but are appropriate for the sacrament and Easter.

O Thou Who This Mysterious Bread
Come, Ye Sinners, to the Gospel Feast
Let Us Break Bread Together
One Bread, One Body
This Is the Feast of Victory
Gather Us In

If you are interested in any of them let me know and I'll tell you where they can be found. (Or ignore if none of these fit what you are working on. :) )
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Shawn Koester » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:08 pm

Shawn Koester

Postby Haruo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:51 pm

Come and dine?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Shawn Koester » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:25 pm

Shawn Koester

Postby Shawn Koester » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:33 am

Tomorrow I will be presiding at my seminary's chapel for Resurrection Tuesday at 4:15pm. Below is my service

Praiselude Still Standing Tevita Uesi
  Trading my Sorrows
by Israel Houghton

Call to Worship Rosie Guadarrama
Leader: He is risen! 
All: He is risen indeed! Hallelujah! 
Leader: The stone is rolled away, and we are perplexed.
All: The grave cloths are lying in the tomb, and we cannot fathom what has happened.
Leader: Can the words be true? 
All: Dare we believe the Good news of resurrection? 
Leader: Christ has risen!
All: He is risen indeed! Hallelujah! 

Opening Prayer Sally Willis Watkins

Almighty and ever-living God, 
We gather to marvel at the mystery of Christ’s resurrection.
In boldness, you exalted the humble, empowering the weak.
In strength you snatched victory from the jaws of death.
In love you declared your crucified Son, the Savior of the world. We celebrate the good news in an Easter festival of life. With you we join in this joyful day. In Christ’s name we pray, Amen! 

Opening Hymn Mighty to Save
by Ben Fielding and Reuben Morgan

Scripture Reading Luke 24:13-49

Sermon Resurrections - Ordinary and Extraordinary Shawn Koester

Feasting at the Lord’s Table 
Words of Institution 
Feasting at the Table of New Hope

Closing Hymn Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) 
by Chris Tomlin, John Newton, Louie Gigilo

Benediction Shawn Koester

Postlude Soon and Very Soon Tevita Uesi
Shawn Koester

Postby JE Pettibone » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:34 pm

ED; Congratulations on what appears to have been meaningful service.
JE Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:19 pm

Wish you well.

Is this Claremont School of Theology?
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Shawn Koester » Fri May 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Shawn Koester

Postby Haruo » Fri May 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin