[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Ronnie Floyd abuses Bonhoeffer

Ronnie Floyd abuses Bonhoeffer

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Ronnie Floyd abuses Bonhoeffer

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:03 pm

See his convention sermon.

http://bpnews.net/44949/floyd-rise-up-i ... less-world

Furman grad Karen Guth has written about Abuse of Bonhoeffer at Christian Century. It's an easy google.

Claims on Bonhyoeffer by Karen Guth, Christian Century.

And recently Al Mohler ineterviewed D Bon biographer Charles Marsh.

It looks like a course correction on Bonhoeffer and the SBC is just beginning.

Check my blog on Bonhoeffer and Mohler at foxofbama.blogspot.com
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Ronnie Floyd abuses Bonhoeffer

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Stephen, how about explaining why you say this? If it's an 'easy google' then I'd appreciate your doing this.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:17 pm

Try again, Stephen. A succinct paragraph sans gibberish would incentivize me to do the reading.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:57 pm

This is a good subject, Stephen. I welcome a relevant comment that deals with it.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:42 pm

Floyd cited Bonhoeffer's objection to Nazi Germany's government using its power to trample on the religious freedom of the church, and to use its power interfere with its operations, teaching and doctrine. Floyd is saying that the potential exists for the government to interfere with the freedom of the American church with court rulings and legislation that will require churches to marry same sex couples, or penalize them in some way for not complying. Not the same issue, but the same principle, and I don't see that as an abuse of Bonhoeffer.
Sandy

Karen Guth on Bonhoeffer

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:30 pm

Sandy, I would reply in depth but I don't have the luxury of time to pursue it today. May blog later and link here as lately Dr. Thornton has a penchat for erasing my thoughts and it is quite frustrating.

I think you are familiar with the thread at this site, Hijacking Bonhoeffer. Floyd falls in that vein.

I think that is evident from my fellow Furman alum recent piece in the Century.

Will try to find a way to continue the conversation without being subject o Thornton's cavalier deletions.

Hope you understand

Guth: https://www.christiancentury.org/articl ... bonhoeffer

Stephen Fox

Bruce Gourley Prescient

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:36 pm

Stephen Fox