[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - American Baptist Evangelicals and American Baptists for Life

American Baptist Evangelicals and American Baptists for Life

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

American Baptist Evangelicals and American Baptists for Life

Postby johnhkillian » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:30 pm

Just wondering---and I am not seeking debate
From what I can tell, the American Baptist Evangelicals organization, long led by John Eby, has disbanded. Am I correct? Also, a California Pastor led the American Baptists for Life, a pro-life group working to get the ABC-USA on record as supporting a pro-life position on abortion.
I can find no record of either group at this time. Is there any conservative group still active in the ABC-USA? Or is the challenge to the left of center Establishment now over?
Please-- I am not ABC, so I do not mean to be offensive. Please kindly correct any misconceptions I might have
johnhkillian

Re: American Baptist Evangelicals and American Baptists for

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:34 pm

John, ABE morphed into the Cornerstone Network Group (and then another name change) and then faded into oblivion due when they stopped being specifically American Baptist. Also the ABE basically won the battle at the national level. The ABC still has on its official books opposition to same sex marriage, homosexuality, etc. largely due to the work of the folks associated with the ABE. But ultimately the ABE has lost the war because local churches regularly defy the official position of the ABC on LGBT issues.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:17 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby johnhkillian » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Dr Ed, I requested correction so thank you for clarifying my status. I have friends who have served ABC-USA churches and those churches are traditional Baptist churches with a respect for Scripture and a zeal for missions and evangelism.
Since my knowledge of ABC-USA life is limited, I would defer to you on matters involving the politics of that denomination
johnhkillian

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:12 pm

Ed Pettibone

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum