[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Southern Baptists offer differing perspectives on Ferguson

Southern Baptists offer differing perspectives on Ferguson

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Southern Baptists offer differing perspectives on Ferguson

Postby Sandy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:56 pm

http://sbcvoices.com/russell-moore-the- ... kissic-sr/

Quite a contrast there between Dwight McKissic and Randy White, of FBC Katy, Texas. Both are pastors in large Texas suburbs, with McKissic's church being a large, predominantly African American congregation in the middle of an upper middle class suburb in Arlington, and White's being a large, very well to do, mostly WASP congregation.

I was particularly attracted to White's interpretation of scripture as it relates to the terminology "Kingdom of God." He seems quite certain that a restoration of national Israel, post-rapture and second coming, is what the scriptures mean in reference to the "Kingdom of God." I'd be very interested to see how that concept plays out here, since I wouldn't even be able to venture a guess. I don't buy that view at all, and it certainly opens the door to the church not being any kind of institution except the kind Paul warned about in Thessalonians, sitting on its hands waiting for Jesus to part the sky and come down.
Sandy

Re: Southern Baptists offer differing perspectives on Fergus

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Relegating the Kingdom of God to a restored Israel in a rapture scheme makes a mockery of the Lord's Prayer meaning that praying for the kingdom to come on earth as in heaven has nothing to do with how we live. It reminds me of a quote from Dr. Frank Stagg--"Some Christians are so heavenly minded, they are just no earthly good."
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:20 pm

Has you've said Sandy, it is a nice neat way to sit on your hands till Jesus comes and not take any responsibility for the needs of the community that the church is supposed to minster in. I think that is why Darbyism/Rapture theology is attractive.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby ET » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:22 am

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby David Flick » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:08 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Sandy

Postby Neil Heath » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:04 pm

Sandy, one point related to your last post. From what I have read and heard in news reports, a grand jury hears from the prosecutor but does not hear from the defense attorney. I would also add that a friend who has served on a grand jury here in Ga. tells me there was no appearance by witnesses in that process. Perhaps other states do it differently, but I understood the proper role of a grand jury as far as criminal cases go is simply to hear the prosecutor's case from him or her and then decide if there is sufficient evidence to send it to trial by issuing an indictment.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Nity gritty in Alabama calls for panel with Speaker of the H

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Mike Hubbard

www.drshow.org panel on Monday was excellent on falout from Ferguson and Eric Garner.

Isabel Wilkerson and Monroeville's--Harpler Lee--Cynthia Tucker should panel with Mike Hubbard framed by the Coverstory by Jason Zengerle in New Republic about two months ago.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Sandy

Oreilly, ML King III and Samuel L Jackson

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Earlier this week, maybe Tuesday they were on. It may be on Utube. Interesting segment opened with Billy's talking points.

For me, it comes down to whether Bams House Speaker Mike Hubbard will panel with Isabel Wilkerson and Cynthia Tucker to discuss the court fee system in Bama and the cover stroy of the New Republic by Jason Zengerle two months ago.

That the guts of the matter where I live; how it all shakes down.

See my recent blog on Criswell and Atwater. I brought it to the attention of Rus Moore's March Summitt facebook wall

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com

And here is the Oreilly utube story:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/bill ... 14-shirts/
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to SBC News and Trends