[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Vampires and zombies at the CBF assembly

Vampires and zombies at the CBF assembly

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

Vampires and zombies at the CBF assembly

Postby William Thornton » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:53 pm

OK, I admit an acute deficiency in this area. Would one of my mod/lib friends please explain...

My only SBC exposure to zombies is the of Billy Graham at LifeWay that looks like it's from a George Romero (Night of the Living Dead) movie.

I have an open mind here...am willing to be enlightened, or endarkened.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Vampires and zombies at the CBF assembly

Postby Neil Heath » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Sorry, William, I didn't go to that workshop at the recent assembly, so I have no idea what they talked about.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:13 pm

Ed: William did you read the ABP story to which you linked? If so what are you questioning? And why?
Ed Pettibone

Postby William Thornton » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Couldn't resist, Ed. And I am shocked (shocked!) that Neil didn't avail himself of the opportunity.

And, yes, I read the story...but I have questions:\

1. Is the CBF targeting, singling out for special evangelistic treatment, vampires and zombies.
2. Are the vampires upset, or perhaps stimulated, by all the language and all the singing about the "blood."
3. My mod/lib friends are certainly post acolyptic, the apocalypse occurring in the early 1990s....are they following it to a logical conclusion.
4. It was an SRO crowd, as if Bela Lugosi was chanting, "Look into my eyes...you must attend...you cannot resist..."
5. Did the originator of the conf get a trophy for something unique in the midst to a tsunami of buzz words?

I'm having some fun here, Ed.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:57 pm

Ed: I should have known, after so many years of watching you belittle so much of what you do not understand. :lol:
Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:52 pm

I know Church of the Apostles (a joint ELCA/TEC congregation near Fremont Baptist) used to have a periodic (monthly?) Goth Mass, and for my money Goths look as much like Vampires as vampires do. (Or maybe like vampires' victims; no apparent blood in the skin capillaries.)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:47 am

I am not belittling anyone here Ed, lest the CBF sic some zombie goon squad on me...and I have garlic and know how to use it.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:45 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:59 am

Anyone in the US other than hermits likely has some Goth family or church member's kids, etc. The session title was designed to get attention for a serious subject. I get that. You need to get over resenting my attention to the session that used a catchy title to generate interest.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:20 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:29 am

Ed: Hauro I do not understand your reference to ''preaching Christ to the goths in a context where the goths don't stick out like sore thumbs." Except at a Goth convention , where would they not stick out?. And I do think that he may have over reached in his connecting one church with a Goth Mass to the lager Movement of the "Emergent Church".

I am not sure that the writer had a "kneejerk reaction to MySpace" I do agree that MySpace is no worse than Facebook. I personally have a MySpace connect but avoided Facebook like the plague. The writer probably could have just said social media, but it seems he was focused on what he has seen at MySpace. Actually I find much of so called "Social Media" to be anti social, Automobiles are used for all sorts of evil but I am not going to stop using them. But that is another topic
Ed Pettibone

Bumper Sticker Sighting

Postby Haruo » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:30 am

myspacekillspeople.jpg

The bit about preaching Christ to goths where they don't stick out was referring to the goth mass, which is or was a mass in the tradition of the Anglican Communion, many or perhaps most of whose attenders were/are or at least looked "goth", not to "goth conventions" per se.

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum