[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - A Dying Veteran addresses Bush & Cheney

A Dying Veteran addresses Bush & Cheney

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

A Dying Veteran addresses Bush & Cheney

Postby Haruo » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:47 pm

Mrs. Haruo posted this on my Facebook page, and while I don't agree with every aspect of it, I do think it's very well put and deserves to be read and pondered. The headline it's under contains the F word. Please ignore this.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: A Dying Veteran addresses Bush & Cheney

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:38 am

That is a powerful indictment. None of us may like what the gentleman says, but we all need to hear it. It's not about politics. It's about the use of power and the corrupting influence of that power.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:48 am

I agree with every word and my heart goes out to the 100,000’s of American soldiers in similar situations. I also go even further to condemn the war in Afghanistan, Pakistan , Yemen and wherever else it has been drifted into.

Why? Please study these links thoroughly.

The truth may come forth if your mind is open as it did to me after reading in September 2004 and realized how much I had been duped by the media portrayals. Studying 30+ books and 100’s of papers (on both sides) have confirmed that the raw evidence is overwhelmingly against the “Official Conspiracy Theory” and that the - less spent on it than on Clinton/Monica tryst and delayed over a year.

The most likely truth is one of knowing an attack was coming (at least 12 countries intel services warned us several times - read ) but commandeering the situation for nefarious purposes. I by no means know all there is to know on 9/11; more investigation and questioning (with lie detector tests) could make the truth become clearer. But I do know without a shadow of a doubt that the three WTC buildings (WTC1,2,7) collapsed due to explosives placed at strategic spots in those buildings prior to 9/11/01 not solely due to the two planes into WTC1,2 - study first link above. That alone begs for more investigation.

Sorry but I must speak out. If ya’ll want me to remove this incendiary material I will.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:52 am

Don't remove it, Keith.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:15 am

Makes me rather sad. All one needs to do to in any discussion with Keith is to say, "Yeah, he is the guy who thinks the WTC collapse was an inside job." Your cred collapses with that authentic inside job. You accomplish it all by yourself.

Since you are insistent on going down this road, why not be clear:

Who knew the attack was coming and "used it for nefarious purposes"?

What "nefarious purposes"?

Who placed explosives at "strategic spots" in the buildings?

You realize that your posture here frees me from any restraint in reminding readers of your extremist conspiracy beliefs.

Sorry to see all this, frankly, and I'd still love to see you and the others in Atlanta this week. Will probably avoid discussion of this stuff and stick to our common faith and love for Jesus.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:04 am

Don't remove it. It's certainly open to consideration, and the American people deserve to know the depths to which Dick Cheney and George W. Bush went in order to deceive Congress and capitalize on the Al Qaida attack in order to enrich themselves and their friends at taxpayer expense.

I've never really bought the 9-11 Truther theories, and I still think those attacks were just coincidental in the broader scheme of things. There is plenty of evidence, including a pile from reliable and documented sources, put together by individuals as diverse as Greg Palast and Rachel Maddow, that the Iraq war was the chief objective of the Bush administration from the very beginning, and they were planning on how to deceive Congress and lie to the American people in order to invade and occupy Iraq, and then profit from the invasion.

I find it appalling that so many Americans could not distinguish between Al Qaida, a terrorist organization based in Afghanistan, and a declared enemy of the Iraqi regime, with no presence there whatsoever, and Saddam Hussein and the Iraqi regime he led. The Iraq war put billions of taxpayer dollars into Cheney's pocket, and those of his close friends and business associates. The whole affair was the most corrupt, deceitful, and evil thing that the United States has ever done, making the corruption of the Nixon administration look like Sunday School in Georgia.

I'm still not convinced that 9-11 was engineered by Bush and Cheney, though they were certainly capable of that kind of thing. But this needs to be out there with everything else.
Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:41 pm

I know thread drift is pretty much the behavior de jure here. But I'd rather we get back to the obvious failings of Bush and Cheney on the Iraqi war. What about WMD? What about us being welcomed as liberators? What about creating a stable democracy through military? What????

William you might well say, "well here goes another bash Bush and Cheney thread." But VP Cheney has brought this on himself this time by acting as if he has real advice to give us on Iraq when he helped screw Iraq up so royally in the first place. Why on earth would any of us listen to him when he was so very very wrong before??
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:18 pm

No prob with the bash Cheney stuff. Have at it.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:22 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:13 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:38 pm

My main question, let's just whittle them down to one, is WHO planted the explosives. If you don't know. Say you don't know.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:40 pm

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:14 pm

I'm glad to hear the soldier survived! I think the letter is still powerful. I think many politicians take it far too lightly when we go to war that men and women who are US citizens are going die on the battle field. When the reasons are for real national security issues it is understandable. When it is for oil, or for a President's vendetta against a Dictator, far less understandable. Bush and Cheney aren't the only administration to ever waste such lives. But you'd think we'd at least learn something from the mistakes.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:24 pm

You don't have to go to Snopes- Frankly, as a veteran myself, I feel it a slap in the face you took that letter to Snopes because there are thousands of us that agree with that writer on many counts. I'm at the Vet Center or the VA hospital at least once a month. Veterans of Foreign Wars post too. Just sit down and talk to some of the folks coming through. If they will talk. I am the mother of one Persian Gulf vet and the auntie of several who had their feet on the ground in Iraq or Afghanistan or both. I have had enough Viet Nam combat vets break down sobbing when they find out I am a fellow veteran and they open up. :brick:
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Sandy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:05 pm

Cheney's recent remarks are an attempt to re-write the record on Iraq. As far as bashing him goes, his record stands as it is, and his involvement in what is going down in history as the worst war debacle, and one of the biggest mistakes ever made by American politicians, is all too clear. There's no bashing a record like that. It is self-indicting and pathetically self serving.
Sandy

Postby Neil Heath » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:46 pm

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:09 pm

Sorry for the misunderstanding, Neal. It's times like these that make me unplug the TV and only get my news on the radio. If it is bad news that there isn't much I can do about I can do with out the visual stimulation. Time to disconnect and bake cookies or take the sewing machine out for a spin. That letter really grabbed me by the heart, because I have close friends who are combat vets who have attempted suicide more than once. Know a few who were successful. :(
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Haruo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Glad to hear he decided to keep eating.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:00 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:19 pm

Keith

I'd honestly have better luck convincing everyone here to be a Methodist than you will on the 911 stuff. Sorry, but that's how it is. You might as well move on friend. :-)
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:43 pm

:( Thread hijack :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( Rather than dig up old conspiracy theories how about dropping off some kids clothes or a box of groceries off at your local Vet Center, VFW, Disabled American Veterans post or put in some time helping a struggling military family who are barely managing to make ends meet while a member is deployed, or being patched up in a Veteran's hospital?
Mrs Haruo

Postby KeithE » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:01 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:16 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues