[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Bad night for tea party, Koch brothers

Bad night for tea party, Koch brothers

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Bad night for tea party, Koch brothers

Postby Sandy » Wed May 21, 2014 6:19 am

It doesn't appear that any tea party kooks won their primary challenges to mainstream Republicans. It also doesn't look like the Koch brothers money in the primaries got much traction for the candidates they were supporting. Hope I get out of the doctor's office in time to hear Limbaugh the lamebrain. He's always entertaining when he's a loser.

It was a really good night for Democrats, especially here in PA. Those who got the lowest ratings from right wing groups won big. Turnout in the Dem primary was double the last mid-term, which bodes well for November. GOP, not so good. Too much infighting.
Sandy

Re: Bad night for tea party, Koch brothers

Postby KeithE » Wed May 21, 2014 8:06 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed May 21, 2014 8:25 am

You guys should be depressed about it. Here in GA the dems were lusting after the tea party candidate, Paul Brown, hoping he would be Michelle Nunn's opponent. Brown got around 10% of the votes. Repubs have decided they don't think any more Todd akin moments will be helpful in winning votes.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed May 21, 2014 8:53 am

Last edited by Sandy on Wed May 21, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Wed May 21, 2014 8:55 am

I'm just glad sandy is around so I can get the democratic talking points first thing every morning.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Ga Senate race and Stupid People

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed May 21, 2014 9:27 am

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... or/371308/

If Perdue is the face of Western Civilization in our time, then friends the country and Christendom is in trouble. The Tea Party spectrum is something of a ruse. The South is eat up with stupid people who can't tell the difference from an Art Pope backed hack in North Carolina from Tom Perdue, from Abraham Lincoln and Judge Frank Johnson, even Eisenhower. With Eisenhower as the fulcrum Perdue and the so called mainstreamer in North Carolina GOP is Joe McCarthy. So no Sandy, the Koch brothers are doing well.

For the definition of stupid people, see Bonhoeffer in the Charles Marsh bio.

Today I am wiser than all of yall has I had a long day in Barnes and Noble yesterday. I was hop scotching among three bios and back again, from the Wichita Boys about the Koch Bros, to Balmer's Redeemer President to Marsh's Strange Glory of Bonhoeffer.

Wish yall had as much light as I do this morning.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Wed May 21, 2014 10:05 am

Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed May 21, 2014 10:49 am

It actually might have been better if the Tea Party folks had gotten the nod because they are unelectable in the general election.

But I do think this shows the electorate is recognizing how wacko some of these Tea Party folks are. The quotes I've seen from some of the Tea Partiers have been astounding. I'm not fan of Mitch. But I'd take him over his Tea Party opponent any day.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Another Nunn for US Senate

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed May 21, 2014 10:49 am

Here is where Thornton can show his true colors.

I'm praying Nunn wins against the forces of darkness in Georgia which now includes most of the state's Southern Baptists, sad to say

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/22/upsho ... .html?_r=0

Stephen Fox

Re: Another Nunn for US Senate

Postby William Thornton » Wed May 21, 2014 10:52 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed May 21, 2014 10:53 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed May 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Wed May 21, 2014 6:09 pm

Limbaugh and Fox News? If you say you listen to Hannity...it's off to the reeducation camp for you.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed May 21, 2014 6:14 pm

Sandy

Postby ET » Thu May 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Sandy, I ran across polling data that stated that Tea Partiers went 53-33 for McConnell. Not exactly consistent with your premise. In ANY election, the incumbent is at a serious disadvantage when up against a career politician with name recognition, free postage and weekly or daily C-SPAN, ABC, NBC, Fox and CBS access that even the Koch brothers can't match.

This result also goes against the obsession that Harry Reid and folks such as yourself have with the Koch brothers. If the Koch brothers are so impotent with all that money flying around that is supposedly buying our democracy, yet their money doesn't get results, then you should rejoice that they are "stimulating" the economy by giving it out to "hardworkingamericans" who are employed in advertising, TV, radio, print, etc. They are "redistributing" their wealth with any cost to government. :)
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Sandy » Thu May 22, 2014 4:54 pm

It's not the result that matters. It's the principle. Some of the heavy hitters have backed off since pouring money into the 2012 election that didn't go their way. But that's not the point. The point is that, regardless of its effectiveness at any particular time, it violates the constitutional principle of one person, one vote by creating an avenue of additional influence for a specific group of individuals which disenfranchises others who don't have the same influence. The basic constitutional principle at stake is one of protection of the rights of the minority, even a minority of one. The only way to do that is to either limit campaign contributions to an amount that everyone can afford, or eliminate them all together and confine the parameters of a campaign to a specific dollar amount designated from the tax fund.
Sandy

New book about the Koch Bros

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri May 23, 2014 12:56 pm

The Wichita boys. Father Fred was eat up with the John Birch Society. Explains a lot of Pressler's agenda as they come from the same oil coomunity. One in Kansas, and Pressler's Exxon in Houston.

Adrian Rogers SBC, the SBC of Ed McAteer and Jesse Helms is a playground for the Tea Party.

Stephen Fox

Postby ET » Fri May 23, 2014 2:21 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby KeithE » Fri May 23, 2014 3:17 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri May 23, 2014 7:42 pm

Sandy

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues