[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Sale of GGBTS Main Campus

Sale of GGBTS Main Campus

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Sale of GGBTS Main Campus

Postby Blake » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:24 pm

gives his two cents on it.
"But for our parts, to take a carnal weapon in our hands, or use the least violence, either to support or pull down the worst, or to set up or maintain the best of men, we look not upon it to be our duty in the least..."
- Henry Adis
Blake

Re: Sale of GGBTS Main Campus

Postby William Thornton » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:05 pm

I'm not getting anything in the link.

Here's Baptist Press on it:

So far, no one has given any dollar figure on the sale but when that is made public it will be an eye-popping number. GGBTS sits on some very expensive real estate.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Sale of GGBTS Main Campus

Postby Sandy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:44 pm

I'm not getting the link either. When I go to Alan's blog, Downshore Drift, I don't see the post about Golden Gate.

Beautiful campus, and it would have been a great place to study, but the expense of living in the Bay Area was too much for me, even back in '87 when I started. I think they've probably crossed a threshold where the cost of operations on their current campus is a hindrance to attracting students and staff, and the value of the property is high enough to construct a larger, easier to maintain facility in a less expensive place to operate.

When I looked at going there, living off campus was not feasible. Rents for small apartments ran upwards of $3,500 a month. I think the students, and most of the staff, lived in campus-provided housing.
Sandy

Return to SBC News and Trends