[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - CBF Assembly 6/25, 6/26 & 6/27 - 2014 Atlanta

CBF Assembly 6/25, 6/26 & 6/27 - 2014 Atlanta

A forum for Cooperative Baptist Fellowship-related discussions.

Moderator: Neil Heath

CBF Assembly 6/25, 6/26 & 6/27 - 2014 Atlanta

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:41 pm

Featured Speakers will Include Andrew Young, The first African American appointed to the position of U.S. Ambassador to the U.N.

CBF Moderator, Bill MCConnell, a Layman from Knoxville TN. & Kasey Jones the Moderator Elect, Pastor of ther National Baptist Memorial Church in Washington, D.C.. She is the first woman and the first Affrican American to hold this pastorate, *Ed's comment; You do want to hear her preach.

Guy Sayers, Pastor, FBC Ashville, NC..

Suzii Paynter Executive Coordinator of CBF Promoting the importance of "being a Fellowship".

Two luncheon Speakers are Allan Boesak, the Desmond Tutu Chair of Peace, Global Justice and Reconciliation Studies at Butler University and Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis,IN.. This luncheon on Thursday is sponsored by The New Baptist Covenant. On Friday attendees will have an opportunity to hear Melissa Rogers, Special assistant to the President and Executive Director of the White House Office of Faith- Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. Sponsored by the Baptist Joint Committee.

I would really like to hear Young, Boesak & Jones, Alas a 3 day meeting in Atlanta and 6 Days at Green Lake,WI. with in a month would stretch our budget too tight this year. Trudy is still paying off Student Loans, plus she still has a full time Pastorate. :wink:

Interesting fact from the info pack. Last years Attendance in Greensboro was 2,827 of whom 34% where first timers.
Ed Pettibone

Re: CBF Assembly 6/25, 6/26 & 6/27 - 2014 Atlanta

Postby Neil Heath » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:18 am

Sorry you won't be there this year, Ed. We will, since it's here in Atlanta. We don't go to many of the more distant locations, but did make it to Greensboro last year and had a great time!

I really enjoy seeing all my friends from across the country, so I hope many of the BL members will be there. If so, we should plan to meet and eat!
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:42 am

I wouldn't mind, but I certainly won't have either the money or the free time this June. I had a pleasant time, albeit quite short, in Atlanta a few years ago (2010?), eating with local Esperantists at and visiting the with Neil, on my way home from the Hymn Society convocation at Samford.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:49 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Neil Heath » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:06 pm

Sandy

More news in the making

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:40 pm

For the Atlanta gathering. Will let you know if it cements.
In meantime whats the name of the place we ate in 2006, Gourley's fish place downtown near the Atlanta Constitution. Was a good joint. Is it still hoppin 8 years later?
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: More news in the making

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:22 pm

Last edited by Ed Pettibone on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Hehe. Ed- thanks to some new meds I can actually carry a few 2x4s and fix the fence that blew down in a storm a YEAR ago! Not that it gets fixed very fast, but it feels good to have a hammer in my hand again and miss my thumb MOST of the time. Sorry for the thread drift. You may now return to your regularly scheduled discussion :D
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed May 28, 2014 2:38 pm

Wish I could be in Atlanta, but it will not be possible this year due to timing of some other things and funds. All who can go--have some extra fun for me.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu May 29, 2014 6:14 am

There is a good chance that I’ll be able to go to some of the CBF Convention and the time that looks best to me (from availability and interest standpoint) is Wednesday (Golf in morning, Commissioning Service at night) /Thursday (Resource Center in AM, Workshops in afternoon).

If any of you are going and can meet around that schedule (like Wednesday late afternoon), it would be great to meet in person.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Fri May 30, 2014 4:49 pm

I've volunteered to help with registration on Wed. afternoon, so you can look for me around there, Keith. Hoping to see lots of friends that day.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri May 30, 2014 6:21 pm

I will plan to make an appearance whenever my mod/lib friends decide to get together.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat May 31, 2014 6:42 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat May 31, 2014 8:27 pm

One small correction. The pastor of FBC Ashville is Guy Sayles. He is a former pastor of my home church Kirkwood Baptist. So the name caught my eye.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:16 am

Are there any get together plans still active here?
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:10 pm

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Gourley » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:41 pm

Lunches are out for me, but if you settle on a breakfast time or (maybe) dinner, let me know by email and I will try to join you.
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:55 pm

Am driving to Atlanta tonight with wife and son. Plan to visit the Resource Center (aka Gathering) tomorrow when it opens for about 1 hour and then head south. So maybe I’ll see some of you there.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to CBF Missions and Ministry Forum