[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Paul Pressler died on a Hill of Quicksand

Paul Pressler died on a Hill of Quicksand

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Paul Pressler died on a Hill of Quicksand

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:48 pm

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... cs/283859/

Except at Shorter College and Southern Seminary.

Watch the N.C. Senate Race where Kay Hagan faces the Kockh Brothers and Paige Patterson and Jesse Helms legacy at SEBTS
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Paul Pressler died on a Hill of Quicksand

Postby William Thornton » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:37 pm

I find nothing particularly SBC about this Stephen so I kicked it out of the SBc forum.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Pope Francis

Postby KeithE » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:55 pm

This is really about the fresh wind in the world today - Pope Francis. No mention of Pressler or SBC - old fight.

PPP Forum is as good as any.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:44 am

Though there's no mention of Pressler in it, and it has nothing to do with him, the article was a pretty good analysis of what is happening. Personally, I think the health care debate is going to push a lot of younger evangelicals toward the left, in terms of politics. Strong Christian conviction ultimately leads to the conclusion that health care is a sanctify of life issue that corporate greed has turned into the ultimate profit motivator. Pain, suffering, and fear of losing one's life can drive up the price of relief or a cure pretty quickly. From a Christian perspective, that's as immoral and sinful as adultery or murder.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:01 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:09 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:53 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:11 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:00 am

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:32 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Thornton wrong to move this out of SBC Trends

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:41 pm

Pressler's motivations were stoked and fired by his designs in collusion with the Christian right. That has been established by the most scholarly and hoest looks at the Takeover. Just because Thornton is not convinced is no reason for him to move this from SBC Trends. May say more later.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Thornton wrong to move this out of SBC Trends

Postby William Thornton » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:53 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:53 am

Republican Herbert Hoover was right. He said, "The only problem with capitalism is capitalists."
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:24 am

Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:06 am

Sandy, have you ever read Robinson James' book, The Takeover. James was a church history professor at the University of Richmond. While his work certainly took a moderate stance, it was one of the best researched and documented efforts to detail what was happening.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:24 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:35 pm

You state it very well Keith. I remember attending Penninsula Bible Church when I was stationed at Moffett for awhile. There was a lot going on there I wish more churches would emulate. As for the writers of revisionist history books..........Bleah!
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby KeithE » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:12 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:26 am

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:51 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:00 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:22 am

Keith- we were there at the same time. I played "commuter fiancé" then commuter wife from early 1974 till my transfer came through in July. We lived just off base in Mountain View, and went to PBC as often as we could get time off from duty. Ate at Frankie Johny and Luigis as often as we could afford the best pizza around, and shopped at "NUDE Furniture" an unfinished furniture place. I remember enjoying the support PRC gave to young musicians, and "The New Covenant" introduction. We saw several concerts of Christian artist's album releases. We must have crossed paths many a time. :)
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Sandy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:37 am

Last edited by Sandy on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sandy

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues