[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - W.A. Criswell and the Kennedy Assassination

W.A. Criswell and the Kennedy Assassination

The place to discuss four centuries of Baptist history and heritage, from Thomas Helwys and Roger Williams to the present.

Moderator: Bruce Gourley

W.A. Criswell and the Kennedy Assassination

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:13 pm

As many of us who would like to place Walley Amos on the Grassy Knoll I've yet to see the proof. But I am aware in this year of the 50th Anniversary there is a new book titled Dallas, 1963 that explores the underbelly of the Hunt Brothers, Texas Oil and all the forces that shaped Criswell's World view of that time, many of whom wanted Kennedy dead. And Wally was convinced Catholics were an infidel religion.

I hope to read that book, but there are still mysteries remaining about the Warren Commission that are much more legitimate than Oliver Stone's movie on that day. NPR had a most interesting 45 minutes this afternoon and this is worth listening to online.

I got two other books to read before this one, but plan to hit the highlights when I can get to it

http://www.npr.org/2013/10/28/240822565 ... y-theories
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

What Criswell Missed and Marney woulda seen

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Stephen Fox

Dalas and the Mink Coat Riot

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:08 pm

LBJ and Lady Bird in peril in Criswell's back yard:

http://www.npr.org/2013/10/09/228181831 ... c-hysteria

Stephen Fox

Re: W.A. Criswell and the Kennedy Assassination

Postby William Thornton » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Criswell didn't do it.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Grassy Noll

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:25 pm

WA might notta pulled the trigger but if you look closely you see ayoung Jerry Vines and Adrian Rogers on the Grassy Noll.

Read the Dallas 1963 book; Criswell clearly implicated in Spirit in the Mink Mob Riot.

Jesse Jackson speaks at Furman Weds, two days from now.

Stephen Fox

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:39 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:42 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Dallas 1963

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:18 pm

Got word today a local library is holding the book for me. Anxious to read it, that is if I can navigate some local intrigue sparked by a comment I made about Mike Huckabee. It gets curiouser and curiouser.

FTR I believe in the Lone Gunman, though the new book on the Warren Commission does document a lot of miscues from Earl Warren himself to the autopsy report to an easy prevention of the murder had J Edgar Hoover not been so inept with info he had from the Soviet and Cuban embassy in Mexico City.

Stephen Fox

Postby KeithE » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:56 am

I have no info tying Criswell to Kennedy’s Aasassination and yes I believe it was an assassination.

Best book that I have is .

I will only discuss “conspiracies” with those who are knowledgable about the subjects and show a non-derisional attitude.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:18 pm

I'm looking forward to reading Stephen's book, when it is published. Titled How To Connect Dots on the Opposite Ends of the Universe.
Sandy

Dallas 1963 by Steven Davis

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:28 pm

and cowriter. Got a copy in my hands last night and been reading intensely the last 14 hours or so with a break for the Methodist annual soup luncheon.

Sandy while you're waiting on my book--btw I am set to be published this coming spring--go ahead and read about the Criswell's Bircher network while Billy Graham sang Dixie in the 60s at FBC Dallas. Riveeting book from the Dallas Righteous Indignation Concention to Dallas Morn News Dealey of Dealey Plaza harangue of Kennedy at the White House; as boorish as Pressler crashing James Dunn's meeting with Bush 41.

For sure, Sandy, your bunch, had precedent in the Takeover.

Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Criswell still didn't do it. Why not go after the 911 conspiracy instead. It will be much more fun.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Serious reading

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:45 pm

William, Criswell didn't pull the trigger just like Wallace didn't ignite the dynamite that killed the four Little Girls in Bham but they are responsible. This is a serious book and I hope you will read it for Yates Frady and myself. Tomorrow, this weekend is Marshall Frady's 63 Furman class Reunion. I wanted to go, tried to goad them into having a Frady symposium to counteract all the poison Billy Graham's grandson Tully is sending to me and Frady's alma mater from his Westminster Christian School adjunct to Coral Ridge. Criswell's Birchism lives on in the Coral Ridge sends to Furman.

Stephen Fox

Dallas Morn News Review names Criswell a "racist"

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:52 pm

And that folks is what the Godfather of the fundamentalist takeover of the Southern Baptist Convention was. This scorching book leaves no outstanding questions on Criswell unanswered:

http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainment ... -davis.ece

Stephen Fox

Sterling NPR chat this morning on Criswell author

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:22 pm

www.drshow.org the first hour today. I made a comment there, Minutaglio co writer of Dallas 1963 which explores Criswell systematically, was on panel with UVA's Sabato and and Pulitzer Dallek to discuss the assassination and legacy of JFK.

Stephen Fox

Re: Grassy Noll

Postby ET » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Re: Grassy Noll

Postby Haruo » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby ET » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:14 pm

ET

Super transcript

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Stephen Fox

Dallas UMC minister stood in the gap

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Stephen Fox

Furman Sam Hodges Report on Rev Holmes Dallas Nov 24

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Stephen Fox

Kennedys on Texas art

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:24 pm

Stephen Fox

Postby ET » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:40 am

Well, Fox, since you keep on with the "drive-by hyperlinking", I'll add this:

I heard something discussed in the last week or so that makes sense. All this talk about the "right wing extremist" stuff in Dallas is just a deflection by the political left because they can't deal with the fact that an agent of the hard left - a communist - was the one who killed Kennedy.

This line of thinking parallels the attempt by some lefties - such as Bruce has done before - to argue that Hitler was a "religious right winger". Yet fascism is a philosophy of the left, of Big Government. Fascism and communism just differ in what they control, but both seek more control and less freedom over the populace, all in the name of the "common good" of the country, of the "motherland", of the "fatherland". Contrarily, those "extremist" laissez faire folks, the Tea Party folks and others holding to a limited government philosophy that are denigrated by a list of folks here champion less government control over both the economy and the citizen. So on one hard the lefties will try to associate the right with something more akin to anarchy and, I guess when it suits them, will at other times attempt to associate the right with Big Government control freaks.

The current incarnation of a Big Government control-freak is going on down in Venzuela. . Without mentioning any names, I think there are at least one or two board members who dream of such abilities for our leaders.

But back to Kennedy getting shot. The lefties' brains cannot process that it was one of their own who shot Kennedy, so they gotta go to great lengths to try to spin-and-pin it on their small-government political adversaries.
ET

Postby Sandy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:17 am

Sandy

Postby ET » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:15 pm

I'll say this. You are always consistent, Sandy. Your answer is true to form. You would have been a great editor of Pravda back in the day.
ET

Next

Return to Baptist History and Heritage