[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Rolling Stone, Bryant Wright, Noah Maier;Coalhouse Walker

Rolling Stone, Bryant Wright, Noah Maier;Coalhouse Walker

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Rolling Stone, Bryant Wright, Noah Maier;Coalhouse Walker

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:40 pm

The Molly Cyrus cover of Rolling Stone has a scorching article on recent SBC President Bryant Wright's Johnson's Ferry BC. Young Moah Maier got less grace there than USC Gamecocks gave their alum Bryant Wright.

I think there is a fair analogy to Coalhouse Walker of Doctorow's Ragtime. I have posted as much on JF's public facebook wall. Will be interesting to see if the conversation is engaged on that wall.

www.rollingstone.com
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Rolling Stone, Bryant Wright, Noah Maier;Coalhouse Walke

Postby Sandy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:14 am

Can you get to that article without subscribing? I'd be interested to read it, but have no interest in subscribing to Rolling Stone.
Sandy

Walmart

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Even your local grocery store, Sandy is likely to carry Rolling Stone. At Walmart if you want to sit down go to the pharmacy area. Shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes to read the article and you never have to spend a penny. If your conscience bothers you buy some Halloween candy on the way out. Miley Cyrus cover issue

Stephen Fox

JFerry responds

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:15 pm

On their Facebook page to the effect Bryant Wright was indeed awarded an honorary doctorate by his alma mater S.C. in 2011 and since then garnered another one from another school. No engagement however or acknowledgment of the R Stone piece or the Spiritual Health of Noah Maier.

Stephen Fox

Re: Rolling Stone, Bryant Wright, Noah Maier;Coalhouse Walke

Postby Sandy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:53 am

You know, Stephen, honestly, I am not really interested enough in Rolling Stone's opinion or perspective of Bryant Wright and his church to bother with picking up a copy in Wal Mart and reading it in the pharmacy. I don't think their perspective on it is worth quite that much effort to read it. I don't patronize WalMart, and I couldn't care much less about what Rolling Stone has to say about much of anything, especially related to a pastor and his church.
Sandy

God Bless America and FBC Sburg

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:59 pm

I guess then Sandy you will not be interested in the report of the phone conversation I had with FBC Sburg this morning as reported in Public Policy here at this site.

Stephen Fox

Re: God Bless America and FBC Sburg

Postby Sandy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Sandy

Meet Noah Maier and his boy friend Kayden Williams

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 am

http://newsle.com/article/0/82234780/

Third picture down under story; Woo hoo, y'all! Atlanta celebrates DOMA ruling — and it was beautiful
Ed Pettibone

Re: Meet Noah Maier and his boy friend Kayden Williams

Postby Haruo » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:49 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Meet Noah Maier and his boy friend Kayden Williams

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:14 am

Ed Pettibone

Return to SBC News and Trends