[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Fox news seeks Christian privilege

Fox news seeks Christian privilege

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Fox news seeks Christian privilege

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:20 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Fox news seeks Christian privilege

Postby Sandy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:53 am

This link has nothing to do with the SBC, and should not be posted in this category. I believe a moderator needs to move it to a more appropriate place, such as the Politics thread.
Sandy

SBC and Fox News embedded

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:09 am

The Moderator can do what he wants to do but you need go no further than Richard Land, Trey Gowdy, James Lankford or Texas Gohmert from Tyler same place as Fireside Chat's Recon buddy of Pressler who teamed up on Moyers to see how embedded Fox News and the Tea Party are with the leadership of the SBC. It aint rocket science, my friend

Stephen Fox

Re: SBC and Fox News embedded

Postby Sandy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:58 am

Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:05 pm

Ed: And Sandy what are your qualifications by which you diagnose S. Fox's comments as "paranoid" imaginations?
Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:29 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:57 am

Oh dear. I think it's quite a fine idea for groups of people to get together and have dialogue or read books. Oh dear.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby ET » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Fundamentalism

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:30 pm

I think the media has trouble with fundamentalism whether it is Pressler and Helms brand of fundamentalism or the Salafists in Muslim countries.

I have trouble with the brand of Christianity the Alabama Speaker of the House Mike Hubbard practices and his connection to the Auburn Network.

And I have trouble with the mendacity in which the religious right has embedded itself with the Tea Party on many wedge issues. And I think Trey Gowdy and FBC Spartanburg need examination.

I hope the media gets to work on those so called "Christians"

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:40 pm

Ed Pettibone

I'm wiser than both

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Ed and Sandy, but would be honored to be in a reading group with Haruo. Just last week a fellow with an earned Doctorate from Baylor quoted another man who travels in influential circles to wit Stephen Fox is one of the most well read men he knows and is able to process a wide range of thought among the best.

And he was not alone last week. So Sandy be as ignorant as he wants to be, I can't stop him. I made booklist for him and the staff at FBC Sburg and he mocked it. Ignorance is bliss. Happy for him

Stephen Fox

Postby Haruo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:59 pm

I think it's about time Al Mohler read La Infana Raso and discussed it with me. I'm ready and waiting. And if his excuse is that he can't read Esperanto, it's also available in Portuguese and Dutch, one of which he surely knows.

That said, I still haven't watched the interview in question, and thus have no opinion as to whether Fox's religion reporter was being reasonable in repeatedly asking that question.

I think Fox is going out on a limb in identifying Mark as "the first gospel", and then sawing through part of said limb in equating "messianic" and "the Son of God".
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Sandy

Postby ET » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum