[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Homeschooling and the SBC

Homeschooling and the SBC

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Re: Homeschooling and the SBC

Postby William Thornton » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:12 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby ET » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:11 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Haruo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:25 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:27 pm

Mi nur opinias, ke ĉiuj la hejmlernejumantaj gepatroj instruu al siaj idoj Esperanton... I just think all the homeschooling parents should teach their kids Esperanto... jam antaŭ la hebrean kaj la grekan... even before Hebrew and Greek...

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:13 am

In our county there is no "one size fits all" version of public schools. There are magnet schools with emphases in different areas, like Math and Science, the Arts, etc. And a thriving private school industry with at least half a dozen options. And we're probably not the only place doing so. I think the stereotype of public schools I see here is becoming more and more inaccurate.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:02 pm

http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2 ... diiAmjD_IU

This isn't just a Texas problem, btw.
Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:33 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Sandy

Postby Michael Wrenn » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:06 am

Michael Wrenn

Postby Michael Wrenn » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:11 am

Michael Wrenn

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:45 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Despite the fact that this topic (the Bible vis-à-vis homosexuality etc.) has been gored to death on BL.com, I still like to rehash it occasionally (partly to see whether anyone has actually thought of anything new to say, and partly to reassure myself that I'm right and they're wrong... er... I mean...). So Michael, if you are not God (and you said you're not; I'll take your word on that point) then how do you know why Timothy denies what you say is the crystal clarity of the scriptures in condemning homosexuality (or homosexual behavior? or men lying with men as with women? or "sodomy" [a translatorial booboo if there ever was one]?)? You say "[Timothy has] to deny it to uphold [his] cultural relativism." Does the Bible clearly condemn what Ruth did with Boaz before they were married? You know, uncovering his feet and all that?

If the words of the scriptures are "crystal clear" on the subject, please cite them, i.e. give, yes, Proof Texts. Which chapters and verses contain this crystal clarity? Or which words, if it's words and not passages you're really referring to?

But please don't answer here. Since this discussion is completely unrelated to "Homeschooling and the SBC", I have created a new thread for it, ; thanks!

Haruo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to SBC News and Trends