[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - 2013 ABC-USA Missions Summit going great

2013 ABC-USA Missions Summit going great

Discuss life and ministry in the American Baptist Churches, USA

Moderator: Haruo

2013 ABC-USA Missions Summit going great

Postby TrudyU » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Ed Pettibone on Trudy's computer

I spent about 4 and a half hours in a small group discussion on communications, There was not a lot new but found here are a lot of ABC-USA folk to get along with.

Following the afternoon session, Trudy and I went to a wonderful Steak house here in Overland Park to celebrate her birthday.
Perhaps the best steak that I have ever had. Well maybe it only tied with St Elmo's in Indianapolis. 8)

We Are going back to the convention Center for a worship Session this evening.

I did meet with EHart and her son this afternoon and they attended the same session on "The Small Church" that Trudy was in.
TrudyU

Re: 2013 ABC-USA Missions Summit going great

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:41 pm

I've seen a few posts on Facebook about the Summit. Glad it is going well!
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby TrudyU » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Ed: Aother great worship service this evening, TWO, 200 voice choirs, 1 Chin and 1 Karen. meeting closed with 2000 attendees and the two choirs singing the Halleluiah chorus, which was preceded by How Great Thou Art.
TrudyU

Re: 2013 ABC-USA Missions Summit ,Closer look

Postby TrudyU » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Ed: For a closer look although still an overview, Go To http://missionsummitconversations.com/

The more information or (Click here) links which lead to a summary of what has been said in each group. (Some are done better than others) most are overly brief.
TrudyU

Postby ehart » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:10 pm

I had a good time at my first biennial. My son started out tired and was exhausted by the time the Small Congregation conversation was over so we bugged out for a while to my cousin's house then returned for a fabulous worship service!

I was very glad to finally meet Ed and Trudy. And Trudy, happy belated birthday!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the next one as I just realized it will be during the same time frame as my (and my husband and sons') high school all-school reunion. I am quite displeased about that but life happens.
ehart

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Return to ABC Life and Ministry Forum