[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - 2013 SBC Annual Meeting

2013 SBC Annual Meeting

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Re: 2013 SBC Annual Meeting

Postby Sandy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:33 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:20 pm

But this is Ed you're talking about, Sandy, and I don't think "open-minded and tolerant progressive" would be what he would claim to be. Like you, he holds positions on various topics that the "open-minded and tolerant progressive" crowd often find internally dissonant. ;-)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Re: 2013 SBC Annual Meeting Att Flick going backto 2004

Postby TrudyU » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:32 pm

TrudyU

Re: 2013 SBC Annual Meeting Att Flick going backto 2004

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:26 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:09 am

Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:06 am

If I were looking for an authority, it would never be T. C. Pinkney. He is a liability for an argument. For 30 years now, he has published "The Baptist Banner," most of which he writes. It is virulently anti-public education and is constantly on the attack toward "secularization," and toward all Democratic politicians. He also has sent unsolicited information packets to vacant churches promoting "God's man for their church." He used to be endorsed by the SBCV, but they have distanced themselves from Pinkney.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:36 am

Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:01 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:49 am

I thought I'd write a separate note about another statement Sandy made.

Is my theology a "moving target?" I'd have to say yes and no. :wink:

As long as I've known enough to know I have believed in the same essentials of the faith I've always believed in. I know Baptists don't like creeds but I can, without reservation, agree with every statement in the Apostle's Creed. That hasn't changed from SBC to ABC to UMC.

However I do believe my faith has changed and continues to change and I think that is true for most Christians. I'm not saying that you all will change churches as I did. But I think most of you allow for new information and growing maturation to effect your viewpoints.

But I would be worried about any Christian who tells me that they believe EXACTLY the same thing they believed about EVERYTHING 20 years ago. I'd be concerned that maybe they don't read the Bible, don't study, don't pray and don't discuss faith much.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby TrudyU » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Ed: Note the Shortt & Pickney resolution of 2004 SB Convention mentioned above Failed. So it seems the bulk of the messengers at that Convention where not overly impressed with Pickney and Shortt's arguments any more than I was when sandy re-posted them in this forum. And this was 12 years after the take over crowed within the SBC has declared victory.

Sandy why in the world did you include those two in your list of authorities on this subject?
TrudyU

Postby Sandy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:24 pm

Sandy

Postby ET » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:45 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby ET » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:40 am

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Previous

Return to SBC News and Trends