[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Shalom Y'all

Shalom Y'all

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Shalom Y'all

Postby davidRudnick » Mon May 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Shalom and Good Afternoon everyone...
I am a 27 year old Messianic Jew for Jesus from South Carolina who has always had a soft spot for the Baptists. The Baptist Church is one of the staples of Southern Life down here and I have always had respect for the Church as (in my opinion) no other Church is more active in the community within the realm of public service. Worldwide the Baptist Church is doing great things in the name of Yeshua and I especially, like the work that they do in Red China. Some years ago I went with a Baptist Church on a mission trip to flood ravaged Coastal North Carolina and I have never met so many great people in my life...
But I came across the forum a number of days ago and I figured I would join. I love debating religion & politics so, I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in here & there...
davidRudnick

Re: Shalom Y'all

Postby Haruo » Mon May 14, 2012 12:14 pm

Good to have you here.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon May 14, 2012 5:56 pm

We are glad to have you aboard. Join in often, and you will discover some great people here, some of whom you will find in ready agreement and some who will argue with a signpost. (I'm sometimes one of those.) Be patient, for some of us have been going around on the same subjects for years, and it may take a few days to get the perspectives that lie behind the issues. Welcome!
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon May 14, 2012 10:48 pm

Welcome David! I'm a former Baptist now United Methodist who is here primarily to hang out with friends from my previous faith group.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Tue May 15, 2012 5:55 am

It is great to have one here with a Jewish perspective!

Perhaps you could give us some updates on the movement these days. I have been here abou 2 years and can't remember such a discussion in my time around.

These are great minds and we try to use good common sense and sharp logic. Already, I see your gifts in that area.

:)
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Neil Heath » Tue May 15, 2012 12:08 pm

Welcome to the party, David! I hope you enjoy the give and take that goes on here, though some of it gets rather sharp at times.
I think you'll also find there's a caring community here when needs arise among our members. We disagree, but we still love each other... most of us... most of the time. :)
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Shalom David!
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)