[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Richard Land, Plagiarist

Richard Land, Plagiarist

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Richard Land, Plagiarist

Postby Bruce Gourley » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:30 am

Congratulations to our own Aaron Weaver for . At least one of Land's plagiarized presentations was from the Moonie-owned Washington Times.

I would not be surprised if more plagiarism surfaces on Land.
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Re: Richard Land, Plagiarist

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:38 pm

For a man in charge of ethics, that should be a death knell since it marks him as a thief--unless the SBC wants a thief running the ethics shop.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Ah, but plagiarism (the concept, not just the word) is not biblical. Biblical writers freely plagiarized and no one in the Sanhedrin or the Church thought there was anything amiss. Now we have "intellectual property" notions that simply weren't available when the prophets and apostles were writing.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:08 pm

The picture of Richard Land show jowls and eyes that, I suspect are dancing, = he be crazy! :P

Perhaps his Republican suspenders are cutting off blood flow to his brain these days. I fail to see much ethics in his partisan rants---especially when they taste of racism. He is hardly following the steps of men who served in his position with admiration (and sometimes hate) because they were Prophets in their time and not appreciated. :blech:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Tim Dahl » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:21 pm

. Good job, BDW!!!

Tim
Tim L. Dahl
Using my full name since the warning of Banishment... ;)
Tim Dahl

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:11 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:21 pm

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Speaking of the Conference on Sexuality, William---have you changed you mind and gotten up the courage to see it first hand???

If Land is lurking in the corners, keep your back to the wall :wink:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby KeithE » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm exhausted from checking Twitter all day, responding to emails and talking with reporters (the latter of which is more stressful than I ever imagined).

All in all, I'm sure my day was much better than Richard Land's.

The plagiarism stuff is a side issue, in my opinion. He's done serious damage with his race commentary. I sense that Bryant Wright recognizes that his sincere efforts at increasing ethnic diversity have been harmed greatly thanks to Land.

My understanding - based on a report from an African-American talk radio host - is that Bryant Wright plans on releasing a statement tomorrow regarding Land's race comments.

We'll see what happens.
My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Gene Scarborough » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:54 am

"The higher the monkey climbs the tree---the more you see his tail!" :wink:
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Jerry_B » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 am

As I was reading the articles, I couldn't stop thinking "Hey, I know that guy!". I'm not sure if congratulations are in order for catching someone one plagiarizing, but good job none the less.

Concerning Land, William is right, his holier then though mentality and have grown very, very stale. In fact it wouldn't surprise me to hear that he has decided to "spend more time with the family" in the near future.
Jerry_B

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 am

"The higher the monkey climbs the tree---the more you see his tail!" Says the only professional tree climber on these boards :lol: :lol:
Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:16 am

ED---I don't climb them anymore.

I certainly know a Baptist monkey / Pharisee when I see one so I will pass a "Yankee comment" and be nicer than you :)
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:05 am

My check of Baptists Today religious posts shows 4 yesterday from BP to Washington Post to USA Today.

All show our Baptist Chief Ethical Monkey, Land, showing more tail than he might survive. All trees get smaller limbs as you get further from the ground and some of his might be sending him to a hard landing and the mental hospital!!!

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Baptist History

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:06 pm

See my post in Baptist History for larger picture in this matter.

I posted on Weaver's blogsite, also on the latest reports today at abpnews.com
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:01 pm

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:49 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Pressler, Albert Lee Smith and Jesse Helms

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:02 pm

The SBC Executive Committee has a lot of work to do.

Bishop TuTu was willing to forgive, but he was resolute about truth telling

Stephen Fox

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:10 pm

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Merritt blog

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Stephen Fox

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:13 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:43 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Gene Scarborough » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:41 am

The only grace available, it seems to me, is to resign and hope time takes away the stigma of stupidity and arrogance.

He now knows how David felt when confronted with his sin. None of us is perfect----just forgiven.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Next

Return to SBC News and Trends