[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Checking in

Checking in

Pull up a chair and introduce yourself. We're glad you're here.

Checking in

Postby Jack Lottey » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:58 pm

I've been lurking on the various forums for six months or so and finally thought that I really ought to check in.
I"m sorta retired but have been serving as an interim pastor in an urban residential area church for the past ten years.
I've enjoyed reading the coments in several of forums and wanted to take a more visible role.
Jack Lottey

Re: Checking in

Postby Haruo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Welcome, Jack!

You've been an interim in a single church for ten years? Do they have any plans to get a pastor? ;-) Seriously, I've never heard of an interim pastorate lasting more than a couple years. Curious.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:18 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Jack Lottey » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Yep, ten years. The search committee had been told they couldn't call an interim pastor so they just let it run on. I had been an interim there before and the called pastor left after two and a half years. They had just about spent their entire endowment with a pro bono pastor they are able to balance their annual budget and do a fair job in an mission outreach support. Officially we are an American Baptist Church but we do almost everything within an ecumenical cluster of neighborhood churches: 2 Roman Catholic, a Reformed, a Methodist, Lutheran and ABC. The group is a part of the Schenectady Inner City Ministries and participates in their outreach ministries (i.e., Food Pantry, Summer Lunch Program, Crop Walk, etc.). It's really a very rewarding ministry.
Jack Lottey

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:32 am

Jack, welcome to our group. If you sift long enough, you may find some nuggets of gold. I hope you will also contribute some thoughtful words as well.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:18 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Glad to have you aboard and participating, Jack. We need all the light we can get on some of these topics, as you well know if you've been lurking for a while.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby TrudyU » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:02 pm

TrudyU

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Welcome aboard--looking forward to your participation. Feel free to comment on existing threads or start new ones.
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Postby Mrs Haruo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:16 am

:wave: Welcome! I'd like to hear more about your ecumenical community service activities. I think the "cross-pollination" that goes on when different denominations cooperate makes for healthier more vibrant church life all around. Some folks like living in the same old rut. To me that's a grave with both ends knocked out. I hope to hear more from you.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Haruo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:38 am

Welcome, Jack, very belatedly, if in fact you ever see this. I see you haven't been around for months and am not sure how your welcome thread came to be active, but it would indeed be nice to hear from you. I hope your self-disclosure about the terms of your engagement didn't cost you points with local lurkers.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:42 am

Ed Pettibone

Return to Welcome Forum. (For Visitors and New Users)