[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Mohler loses war with Modernity says NPR

Mohler loses war with Modernity says NPR

Discuss current news and trends taking place in the Southern Baptist Convention.

Moderator: William Thornton

Mohler loses war with Modernity says NPR

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:24 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

ABP explores implications for Mohler's Hardline Stand

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:20 pm

Stephen Fox

Re: Mohler loses war with Modernity says NPR

Postby John Sneed » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:51 pm

I have read Mohler's stuff on this topic, including the most recent blog that is mentioned in the ABP article. I think he is dead on. But then, you all knew I would say that.
John Sneed

Postby David Flick » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:34 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:41 pm

The question is, "whose science is correct?"
http://www.reasons.org/human-origins/adam-and-eve

While one group says, "Do the math," and you can't come up with fewer than 10,000 human beings existing at any point in history or pre-history, another says "Do the math," and you can not only have all chromosomes from one original male and female, but they couldn't have existed more than 20,000 years ago.
Sandy

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:50 pm

2 things on Mohler:

1) "Conservatives are my contemporary ancestors"----H.L. Menkin
2) "The higher the monkey climbs the tree, the more you see his tail"---my SC Democrat farmer grandfather who knew cow manure from real soil conservation on red clay hillsides.
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Mohler on Talk of the NationSept 22

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:03 pm

See Link in the Rome News thread

Stephen Fox

ABP covers Mohler's latest on NPR

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Stephen Fox

Postby Gene Scarborough » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:11 am

Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Sandy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:22 am

Sandy

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:31 am

Sandy--

I don't think anyone who understands the Genesis text and the theories of Evolution has to make an "either / or" choice. They are both dealing with the simple issue of "where do we come from." Science looks to facts and the Bible has told the story through the eyes of faith!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Postby Neil Heath » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:11 am

As a minister and long-time student of science, I don't think they are teaching crap in public schools, nor do I think it's slanted and biased. I think evolutionary theory is correct, and in no way conflicts with my Christian faith and beliefs.

But to each his own, I guess.

Neil
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Gene Scarborough » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:16 am

I would pat Sandy on the back if he refused ever to fly or travel over the horizon because he would certainly fall of the 3-story world described in the Bible.

He won't do it nor will any other CR great---so I have to conclude they don't practice what they preach in ignorance!
Gene Scarborough
Gene Scarborough

Return to SBC News and Trends